Gwyneth Paltrow: Life Saving Encounter on 9/11 Still Gives Me Chills
Gwyneth Paltrow still couldn't believe that her encounter with a New York woman on September 11, 2001 helped save the person's life. Having recently addressed Lara Lundstrom Clarke's claim, the "Contagion" actress admitted to Access Hollywood, "It still gives me chills."
"I can't quite believe how many other people changed the course of strangers' lives that day and they're not able to reach out to them," the 38-year-old further added. On how Lara can reach out to her, she told Access' correspondent Tim Vincent in London, "She saw that it was me so she was able write that letter to me years later for a sense of closure."
The wife of Coldplay frontman Chris Martin went on to reveal that she has tried to contact Lara in return. "I want to speak to her so I actually wrote her an e-mail but I might have gotten the address wrong because I haven't heard back from her but I am waiting to hear," so she shared.
Back in August, Lara Lundstrom Clarke made headlines when she went public with the story of how her encounter with Gwyneth may have changed her fate. The account manager at Baseline Financial Services at the time said, "If I had made that train I would have been at my desk on the 77th floor of 2 World Trade Center."
Gwyneth herself has addressed Lara's claim during an interview at the Venice Film Festival. "Basically, what happened was I had gone to a yoga class very early," she recounted. "I was on the way home and it was the morning of September 11 - not that I knew at the time what that meant - and a girl was jaywalking across the street and we kind of both stopped at the same time and waited a really long time."
"Ten years later I got a letter from her saying that she had been late for work and we had that thing and she went down to the Christopher Street station to catch her train to go down to the World Trade Center where she worked on the 77th floor of the South Tower and the train was just pulling out."
"So had we not had that interaction she feels like her life would've taken a much different course. She called it her 'Sliding Doors moment'," she added before concluding, "She saw it was me so she was able to get me a message, but I think a lot of fates were changed that day obviously and I am very humbly happy to be a part in her story."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5