Lady GaGa Bares Make-Up Free Face for Harper's Bazaar
While she is known for her theatrical make-up and avant garde costumes, Lady GaGa obviously doesn't mind dressing down for a magazine's cover. Going au natural for the October issue of Harper's Bazaar, the "Born This Way" hitmaker strips bare her face by wearing no make-up, and sports a straight and simple hairdo.
In the accompanying article, the 25-year-old tells the publication, "I don't really view it as 'natural.' " She goes on to elaborate, "I think that artifice is the new reality. It's more about just being honest and sincere to the core of what you do. Whether I'm wearing lots of makeup or no makeup, I'm always the same person inside."
"Don't you think that what's on the cover of a magazine is quite artificial?" she further asks."There's this idea that it's all natural, but everything's been staged to look natural. It is also an invention. It's just that my inventions are different. I often get asked about my artifice, but isn't fashion based on the idea that we can create a fantasy?"
Asked if her little monsters might be disappointed if she ditches her over-the-top look, the "You and I" singer responds, "I try to not focus on what people expect from me." She adds, "I think what has been lovely about my relationship with the public is that they expect something unexpected from me."
This is not the first time GaGa lands the cover of Harper's Bazaar. Her first cover issue came out in April this year. Nonetheless, it should be noted that with this cover shot, the "Bad Romance" hitmaker becomes the first artist to appear on a black and white cover of the mag in the last 20 years.
The Mother Monster herself took to Twitter to share the information hours before the cover hit the web. "In 1 hour I will reveal my new cover on the september issue of BAZAAR," she wrote. Its the first Black and White Cover printed in 20 YEARS!"
More Lady GaGa News
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii