Lady GaGa Bares Make-Up Free Face for Harper's Bazaar
While she is known for her theatrical make-up and avant garde costumes, Lady GaGa obviously doesn't mind dressing down for a magazine's cover. Going au natural for the October issue of Harper's Bazaar, the "Born This Way" hitmaker strips bare her face by wearing no make-up, and sports a straight and simple hairdo.
In the accompanying article, the 25-year-old tells the publication, "I don't really view it as 'natural.' " She goes on to elaborate, "I think that artifice is the new reality. It's more about just being honest and sincere to the core of what you do. Whether I'm wearing lots of makeup or no makeup, I'm always the same person inside."
"Don't you think that what's on the cover of a magazine is quite artificial?" she further asks."There's this idea that it's all natural, but everything's been staged to look natural. It is also an invention. It's just that my inventions are different. I often get asked about my artifice, but isn't fashion based on the idea that we can create a fantasy?"
Asked if her little monsters might be disappointed if she ditches her over-the-top look, the "You and I" singer responds, "I try to not focus on what people expect from me." She adds, "I think what has been lovely about my relationship with the public is that they expect something unexpected from me."
This is not the first time GaGa lands the cover of Harper's Bazaar. Her first cover issue came out in April this year. Nonetheless, it should be noted that with this cover shot, the "Bad Romance" hitmaker becomes the first artist to appear on a black and white cover of the mag in the last 20 years.
The Mother Monster herself took to Twitter to share the information hours before the cover hit the web. "In 1 hour I will reveal my new cover on the september issue of BAZAAR," she wrote. Its the first Black and White Cover printed in 20 YEARS!"
More Lady GaGa News
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too