Video: Katy Perry Sings Happy Birthday to Freddie Mercury
Katy Perry took some time in between her hectic schedule to record a video tribute for one of her idols Freddie Mercury. The "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F)" hitmaker sang an acoustic rendition of Happy Birthday to the late musician and thanked him for inspiring her to become a singer.
"Happy 65th birthday Freddie, we love you so much," she said. "Even though you're gone, you're not really gone - you've inspired us all and you inspired me especially. Without you I wouldn't be making music or doing what I do because you're lyrics inspired me as a 15 year old girl. I heard 'Killer Queen' and I wanted to be a killer queen!"
The wife of British funnyman Russell Brand went on, "Thank you so much for all of your amazing music, for Queen the band, for your whole persona, for your character and personality, which was larger than life. We love you and we'll never forget you."
Google have also marked what would have been Mercury's 65th birthday on September 5 by creating a new Doodle animation. Made to celebrate the life and music legacy of the British singer, the clip features him singing in front of screaming fans, sitting on a throne, and dressing in drag among other things.
Katy Perry's tribute:
More Katy Perry News
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video