'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' Stars Suit Up for Venice Film Festival Premiere
Another day, another film is being premiered at the 68th Venice Film Festival. On Monday, September 5, the stars of "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" hit the red carpet at the Palazzo del Cinema in support of the thriller movie, and most of them looked dapper in their black-and-white tuxedo.
Among the cast members present were leading men Colin Firth and Gary Oldman. Both opted to suit up complete with a bow tie, and brought along their wives. Colin was accompanied by filmmaker Livia Giuggioli, while Gary had singer Alexandra Edenborough by his side.
John Hurt and Mark Strong also arrived with their wives. Joining them on the red carpet were co-star Svetlana Khodchenkova, who happened to be the only female star in attendance, director Tomas Alfredson, screenwriter Peter Straughan and producers Robyn Slovo and Tim Bevan.
An adaptation of John Le Carre's 1974 novel, "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" revolves around a retired espionage vet named George Smiley, who is pulled away from his semi-retirement to ferret out a Soviet agent in MI6. Oldman takes the role of George with the likes of Ciaran Hinds and Toby Jones also in the cast ensemble.
This Cold War tale thriller has been set to open wide in the United States on December 9.
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch
- Jeff Bridges Joins 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle'
- Demi Lovato Mourning Her Great-Grandma's Death. Read Her Touching Tribute
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Party in Las Vegas, Talk About Wedding Plans
- Stephen Amell and Will Arnett Joke About Making an 'Arrow' Feature Film
- Liam Hemsworth Admits His 2013 Split From Miley Cyrus 'Was Hard'
- Madonna Throws Shade at BET for Diss Over Her BBMA Tribute to Prince