'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' Stars Suit Up for Venice Film Festival Premiere
Another day, another film is being premiered at the 68th Venice Film Festival. On Monday, September 5, the stars of "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" hit the red carpet at the Palazzo del Cinema in support of the thriller movie, and most of them looked dapper in their black-and-white tuxedo.
Among the cast members present were leading men Colin Firth and Gary Oldman. Both opted to suit up complete with a bow tie, and brought along their wives. Colin was accompanied by filmmaker Livia Giuggioli, while Gary had singer Alexandra Edenborough by his side.
John Hurt and Mark Strong also arrived with their wives. Joining them on the red carpet were co-star Svetlana Khodchenkova, who happened to be the only female star in attendance, director Tomas Alfredson, screenwriter Peter Straughan and producers Robyn Slovo and Tim Bevan.
An adaptation of John Le Carre's 1974 novel, "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" revolves around a retired espionage vet named George Smiley, who is pulled away from his semi-retirement to ferret out a Soviet agent in MI6. Oldman takes the role of George with the likes of Ciaran Hinds and Toby Jones also in the cast ensemble.
This Cold War tale thriller has been set to open wide in the United States on December 9.
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie