'The Help' Stays Atop Box Office on Labor Day With Additional $4 Million
Topping the North American Box Office on Labor Day weekend, "The Help" easily maintained its position on Monday, September 4. The Tate Taylor-directed movie grossed an estimated $19 million over the four-day frame or added about $4.4 million on the fourth day.
Newcomers "The Debt", "Apollo 18" and "Shark Night 3D" stayed still on the second, third and fourth place with $12.5 million, $10.7 million and $10.3 million respectively during the four-day holiday. "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" was placed fifth with additional $10.2 million.
While the ticket sales on Labor Day did not much affect the top ten of chart, "Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World" did feel the advantage from the day off. The PG-rated action film which stars Jessica Alba added about $1.8 million to its four-day cume of $6.6 million, pushing aside "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" from the eighth position.
Top Ten Movies at Box Office for September 2-5 (Labor Day holiday):
- "The Help" - $19 million
- "The Debt" - $12.2 million
- "Apollo 18" - $10.7 million
- "Shark Night 3D" - $10.3 million
- "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" - $10.2 million
- "Colombiana" - $9.4 million
- "Our Idiot Brother" - $7 million
- "Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World" - $6.6 million
- "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" - $6.1 million
- "The Smurfs" - $5.6 million
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic