Artist of the Week: Staind
Staind are on their way to dominate the U.S. charts. The rock band peaked at No. 4 on Billboard Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks and at No. 5 on Billboard Rock Songs, thanks to their latest single "Not Again" which is taken from their self-titled album "Staind".
Three years in the making, the eponymous album is produced by Johnny K who is known for his work with 3 Doors Down, Disturbed and Sevendust and for his contribution in Staind's critically-acclaimed album "Illusion of Progress". Also backed by legendary Chris Lord-Alge behind the mixing, the self-titled effort becomes Staind's most intense and powerful work to date.
The album is going to make its way out in the United States on September 13, and becomes their first release since their longtime drummer Jon Wysocki left and was replaced by Will Hunt. One of the songs "The Bottom" serves as a soundtrack for summer blockbuster "Transformers: Dark of the Moon".
Frontman Aaron Lewis gushed the album is "the heaviest thing we have recorded in a long time. It's definitely one of the heaviest collections of songs that we have put together." Guitarist Mike Mushok agrees, "It's completely different than the last record. It's more of a throwback to where we came from. I definitely think it's fresh. It's a modern-sounding version of a heavy Staind record. It's pretty cool."
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other