Rihanna Scraps 'Loud' Re-Release for a Sixth Brand New Album
Rihanna confirmed that she's indeed in the middle of preparing a brand new effort for her next studio installment. The Bajan songstress initially had a plan to re-release her fifth album "Loud", but she had a second thought about it. She decided to axe it and go with all-brand-new album.
The "California King Bed" singer revealed it when answering a fan's question on Twitter recently. "I tht abt a RihRelease, but LOUD is its own body of work! Plus u guys work so F?CKIN hard that u deserve to act brand new!!!" she wrote on the micro-blogging site.
Details about the new album are still scarce, but "Man Down" producer Verse Simmonds once said RiRi has been "closing the album up." He dished on, "We did two records for her that she really, really loved and I'm really excited about them as well. They are records that we wrote and produced as the Jugganauts."
Talking about the sound they crafted for RiRi, Simmonds said it's different from the reggae-infused "Man Down". "We always try to constantly - as producers, as artists - we try to always come with something different, a whole new sound," he stated.
More Rihanna News
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors