Rihanna Scraps 'Loud' Re-Release for a Sixth Brand New Album
Rihanna confirmed that she's indeed in the middle of preparing a brand new effort for her next studio installment. The Bajan songstress initially had a plan to re-release her fifth album "Loud", but she had a second thought about it. She decided to axe it and go with all-brand-new album.
The "California King Bed" singer revealed it when answering a fan's question on Twitter recently. "I tht abt a RihRelease, but LOUD is its own body of work! Plus u guys work so F?CKIN hard that u deserve to act brand new!!!" she wrote on the micro-blogging site.
Details about the new album are still scarce, but "Man Down" producer Verse Simmonds once said RiRi has been "closing the album up." He dished on, "We did two records for her that she really, really loved and I'm really excited about them as well. They are records that we wrote and produced as the Jugganauts."
Talking about the sound they crafted for RiRi, Simmonds said it's different from the reggae-infused "Man Down". "We always try to constantly - as producers, as artists - we try to always come with something different, a whole new sound," he stated.
More Rihanna News
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video