My Chemical Romance Perform With New Drummer After Firing Michael Pedicone
My Chemical Romance might have found a candidate to fill in the vacant slot left by drummer Michael Pedicone. According to AP, the band performed with Jarrod Alexander at USANA Amphitheatre in West Valley City on September 3 for their Honda Civic Tour stop.
Jarrod has played with Death By Stereo as well as the Suicide File, and he is currently in Dead Country. There is no word whether he will continue to join the band on the remaining dates of their Honda Civic Tour. It's also unclear if he'll be a permanent or temporary replacement.
MCR were forced to fire Michael earlier last week. "Some s*** happened last night and before the blogosphere gets all crazy with false statements and ridiculous opinions we want the true story to come from us," Frank Iero issued a statement on September 2 before announced the firing.
"The relationship between My Chemical Romance and Michael Pedicone is over. He was caught red handed stealing from the band and confessed to police after our show last night in Auburn, Washington. We are heartbroken and sick to our stomachs over this entire situation."
Frank who plays guitar in the band went on, "The band has no intention of pressing charges or taking this matter any further than we have to. We just want him out of our lives. The people who play in this band are a family, and family should not take advantage of each other like he did."
One day later, Michael took to his Twitter to break his silence regarding the issue. "What happened is more complicated than it sounds but I did make a mistake. It was never my intention to hurt this band or all of you. It was an error in judgement based on a whole other situation that's way deeper but this does not define me," he tweeted.
Michael joined MCR in late 2010 as a replacement for Bob Bryar who left the band in March the same year.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance