Snippets of Tony Bennett Feat. Mariah Carey and Lady GaGa
As Tony Bennett's highly-anticipated duet album draws nearer to its debut week, more snippets of the tracks are released. The latest ones are that of Mariah Carey-featuring "When Do the Bells Ring for Me" and of Lady GaGa-featuring "The Lady Is a Tramp".
"Duets II" would be released on September 20 and Bennett said that this would be "the last one". "I can't tell you how professional every one of them was, and how they worked and memorized and knew what they were going to do," Bennett said of the high-profiled artists featured in his album. "And it shows up on the record, you know? You can hear them performing very well for us."
Specifically praising GaGa, Bennett said, "I never met a more talented person in my life. ...I think she's going to become as big as Elvis Presley." He also gushed on John Mayer, saying he's "a very talented guy and a great blues singer." One of his collaborators is also pleased to be working with him. Michael Buble commented, "One of the most important things about being a great singer is that your voice is unmistakable when someone hears it. Tony Bennett's voice, no-one, even sounds close."
Among the tracks, Bennett's duet with Amy Winehouse was perhaps the most anticipated one. Before the jazz singer died in July this year, she recorded "Body and Soul" with Bennett who said he was convinced that he was able to talk her out of using drugs.
Tony Bennett Feat. Mariah Carey:
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly