Photos: Major Cast Members of 'The Avengers' Gather on New York Set
Most of the main cast members from "The Avengers" have gathered to shoot the film in New York City. On Friday afternoon, September 2, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr. and many others were pictured on the set at Bethesda Fountain in Central Park, Manhattan.
While Hemsworth and Hiddleston donned the complete costume of Thor and Loki respectively, Johansson, Evans, Downey Jr. as well as Jeremy Renner sported casual outfit. Additonally, Stellan Skarsgard and Mark Ruffalo were spotted on the set.
Aside from the images that present the cast in Manhattan, some other pictures that see the movie properties being brought to the New York City set have also been available for viewing pleasure. The photos provide a look at a crashed Quinjet at Park Avenue and 40th.
Before moving to the Big Apple, "The Avengers" had wrapped the production in Cleveland last week. The movie, which will be released in U.S. theaters on May 4, 2012, will bring together Marvel Comics' famous superhero characters who team up to fight the biggest foes no single hero could withstand.
In the movie, Evans, Ruffalo, Downey Jr., Johansson, Renner and Skarsgard will reprise their roles as Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye and Dr. Erik respectively. Additionally, the film also stars Samuel L. Jackson and Clark Gregg as Nick Fury and Phil Coulson respectively.
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role