Rihanna Gets in Action in New 'Battleship' Featurette
Rihanna ditched her make up and chick outfit to make her big screen debut with "Battleship". In a new featurette, the Bajan singer takes fans behind the scenes of the movie, in which she had a lot of action scenes as she portrays a female weapons specialist.
To ET Online, the 23-year-old beauty revealed that she went through some basic training exercises like a new recruit to prepare for the film and worked together with real military officers who were yelling at her and telling her to do push-up. Although she suffered some bruises and sore muscles, director Peter Berg praised her for never complaining.
Rihanna went on talking about her character called Raikes by detailing, "She's this badass weapons officer; she knows everything about weapons, not only hers, but all the weapons on board." She added, "It really got me into the emotion of the character. ... She's a fighter. She's a killer. She's not afraid of anything. She likes a challenge because she can handle it."
When it comes to romance, Raikes has no interest in boys at all. "She could care less about boys," Rihanna gushed. "I'm one of the boys."
"Battleship" is based on Hasbro's classic naval combat game and presents an epic action-adventure that unfolds across the seas, in the skies and over land as our planet fights for survival against a superior force. Taylor Kitsch, Brooklyn Decker, Alexander Skarsgard and Liam Neeson are among other actors taking the roles in the film, which is due May 18, 2012 in the U.S.
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016