Keira Knightley Stunningly Conservative at 'Dangerous Method' Venice Premiere
Keira Knightley spread her charm at the premiere of "A Dangerous Method" at the 68th Venice Film Festival on Friday, September 2. She became the belle of the ball with her vintage-inspired style when attending the special screening that took place at Palazzo del Cinema.
The 26-year-old beauty donned a floor-length Valentino couture dress with a gold embroidered tulle that covered up most of her skin. She finished off her elegant look with a simple but chic hairdo and a pink lip-color as well as smokey eye make-up.
At a photocall hours before the premiere, Knightley explained to reporters why she loves to star in period dramas. She said, "I don't know why. [But] I love them. I think it's a taste thing. I love history and I love reading history books so it's a privilege that it's part of my job."
At the red carpet premiere, the Sabina Spielrein depicter was joined by her male co-stars Viggo Mortensen and Michael Fassbender who play Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung respectively. Both actors sported sleek masculine look in two-piece suit. Other cast member spotted that night was Sarah Gadon who oozed sexiness in a simple blue dress. Director David Cronenberg also showed up at the event.
"A Dangerous Method" is based on the play by Christopher Hampton called "The Talking Cure". The story follows the turbulent relationships between fledgling psychiatrist Jung and his mentor Freud after Spielrein, driven mad by her past, is brought to see Jung by her father. The drama will be released in limited theaters in Europe on November 23.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs