TNT Cancels 'Hawthorne', Jada Pinkett Smith Thanks Fans
TNT has pulled the plug on medical drama "Hawthorne" after three seasons. On Friday, September 2, the network announced that it will not order a fourth season of the show, which was struggling with its ratings although it generated loyal fan base.
"TNT truly appreciates the tremendous dedication of everyone involved," the network said in a statement. "The series gave TNT the opportunity to work with many outstanding people, including Jada Pinkett Smith and the rest of the show's talented cast, crew, producers and writers. We wish everyone involved with HawthoRNe nothing but the best."
Lead actress Jada has since taken to Twitter to inform fans about the cancellation and thank them. "Hey everyone...if you don't know Hawthorne will not be returning for another season. I want to say thank you to all the fans for being Hawthorne soldiers. All our facebook fans...twitter soldiers and viewers...you held us down. Of course you know there is more to come...believe it!" she wrote.
A petition has been proposed to urge TNT not to cancel the series. In the argument, the person who set up the petition praises the show for having "a diverse cast and a strong presence in so many different communities."
"Hawthorne" is the second series that was canceled by TNT this summer. The network had axed Emmy-nominated show "Men of a Certain Age" back in July, sparking protests among TV critics.
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date