Hear Scarlett Johansson's Cover of French Singer's 'Bonnie and Clyde'
Scarlett Johansson's vocal appears in the cover of French singer Serge Gainsbourg's "Bonnie and Clyde". The actress teamed up with the legendary 60s pop star's son Lulu Gainsbourg for a track off an upcoming tribute album.
"Bonnie and Clyde" is perhaps Serge's best-known song. The late singer sang the original version in 1968 with Brigitte Bardot. Beside Scarlett, there are other artists contributing to the album such as Johnny Depp's singer lover Vanessa Paradis, Iggy Pop, Marianne Faithfull, Rufus Wainwright and Serge's other offspring Charlotte Gainsbourg.
Scarlett has done covers in the past, releasing an entire album consisting of her rendition of Tom Waits' songs in 2008. A year later she covered Jeff Buckley's "Last Goodbye" which later became the soundtrack of "He's Just Not That Into You" and worked on an album with Pete Yorn.
"I love to do covers," she said last year. "Covers are fun. I'm a huge music lover, music collector, listener and all those things. I like to do covers 'cause I feel like I'm in the shower. I think I'd probably do original songs for sure."
More Scarlett Johansson News
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'