Hear Scarlett Johansson's Cover of French Singer's 'Bonnie and Clyde'
Scarlett Johansson's vocal appears in the cover of French singer Serge Gainsbourg's "Bonnie and Clyde". The actress teamed up with the legendary 60s pop star's son Lulu Gainsbourg for a track off an upcoming tribute album.
"Bonnie and Clyde" is perhaps Serge's best-known song. The late singer sang the original version in 1968 with Brigitte Bardot. Beside Scarlett, there are other artists contributing to the album such as Johnny Depp's singer lover Vanessa Paradis, Iggy Pop, Marianne Faithfull, Rufus Wainwright and Serge's other offspring Charlotte Gainsbourg.
Scarlett has done covers in the past, releasing an entire album consisting of her rendition of Tom Waits' songs in 2008. A year later she covered Jeff Buckley's "Last Goodbye" which later became the soundtrack of "He's Just Not That Into You" and worked on an album with Pete Yorn.
"I love to do covers," she said last year. "Covers are fun. I'm a huge music lover, music collector, listener and all those things. I like to do covers 'cause I feel like I'm in the shower. I think I'd probably do original songs for sure."
More Scarlett Johansson News
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- NSFW Alert! Barbara Palvin Ditches Panties to Recreate Sharon Stone's 'Basic Instinct' Scene
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Finale Title Revealed - Here's How It May Hint at the Plot