Hear Scarlett Johansson's Cover of French Singer's 'Bonnie and Clyde'
Scarlett Johansson's vocal appears in the cover of French singer Serge Gainsbourg's "Bonnie and Clyde". The actress teamed up with the legendary 60s pop star's son Lulu Gainsbourg for a track off an upcoming tribute album.
"Bonnie and Clyde" is perhaps Serge's best-known song. The late singer sang the original version in 1968 with Brigitte Bardot. Beside Scarlett, there are other artists contributing to the album such as Johnny Depp's singer lover Vanessa Paradis, Iggy Pop, Marianne Faithfull, Rufus Wainwright and Serge's other offspring Charlotte Gainsbourg.
Scarlett has done covers in the past, releasing an entire album consisting of her rendition of Tom Waits' songs in 2008. A year later she covered Jeff Buckley's "Last Goodbye" which later became the soundtrack of "He's Just Not That Into You" and worked on an album with Pete Yorn.
"I love to do covers," she said last year. "Covers are fun. I'm a huge music lover, music collector, listener and all those things. I like to do covers 'cause I feel like I'm in the shower. I think I'd probably do original songs for sure."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes