Hear Scarlett Johansson's Cover of French Singer's 'Bonnie and Clyde'
Scarlett Johansson's vocal appears in the cover of French singer Serge Gainsbourg's "Bonnie and Clyde". The actress teamed up with the legendary 60s pop star's son Lulu Gainsbourg for a track off an upcoming tribute album.
"Bonnie and Clyde" is perhaps Serge's best-known song. The late singer sang the original version in 1968 with Brigitte Bardot. Beside Scarlett, there are other artists contributing to the album such as Johnny Depp's singer lover Vanessa Paradis, Iggy Pop, Marianne Faithfull, Rufus Wainwright and Serge's other offspring Charlotte Gainsbourg.
Scarlett has done covers in the past, releasing an entire album consisting of her rendition of Tom Waits' songs in 2008. A year later she covered Jeff Buckley's "Last Goodbye" which later became the soundtrack of "He's Just Not That Into You" and worked on an album with Pete Yorn.
"I love to do covers," she said last year. "Covers are fun. I'm a huge music lover, music collector, listener and all those things. I like to do covers 'cause I feel like I'm in the shower. I think I'd probably do original songs for sure."
More Scarlett Johansson News
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video