Gene Simmons' Quirky Wedding Invitation Confirms Date
After spending more than 25 years together, Gene Simmons is going to tie the knot with Shannon Tweed in October in Beverly Hills. The date and venue for the KISS bassist's wedding to the former Playboy Playmate were uncovered when their quirky invitation popped out online.
The two-part invite details that the nuptials will take place at the iconic Beverly Hills Hotel early evening on October 1. Containing drawings of the family done by the couple's son Nick, it also requests for "classy cocktail attire", but notes in addition, "although we know some Rockstar attire will be worn."
In the announcement section, Gene and Shannon's daughter Sophie writes, "After 28 years of loose strings, our parents have finally decided to tie the knot." She continues, "Our mother will share our horrendous hyphenate of a last name and our father's life ... well, it doesn't change that much." In the end, she notes, "As annoyingly long as that is, We hope you're on it."
Gene got down on one knee to ask Shannon's hand in marriage during a vacation in Belize. The romantic moment was captured on camera for A&E's "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" and was aired on the show's sixth season finale back in July.
"I come with so much baggage, but you're the only friend I've got. You're the only one I love...and you're the only one I ever will love," Gene told Shannon at the time. "I've never said those words to anybody. And I don't ever want to...funny, I used to watch movies where they say I can't live without you, but for me it's true."
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order
- Han Solo Movie Offers First Picture of Cast Members in Millennium Falcon
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle