Gene Simmons' Quirky Wedding Invitation Confirms Date
After spending more than 25 years together, Gene Simmons is going to tie the knot with Shannon Tweed in October in Beverly Hills. The date and venue for the KISS bassist's wedding to the former Playboy Playmate were uncovered when their quirky invitation popped out online.
The two-part invite details that the nuptials will take place at the iconic Beverly Hills Hotel early evening on October 1. Containing drawings of the family done by the couple's son Nick, it also requests for "classy cocktail attire", but notes in addition, "although we know some Rockstar attire will be worn."
In the announcement section, Gene and Shannon's daughter Sophie writes, "After 28 years of loose strings, our parents have finally decided to tie the knot." She continues, "Our mother will share our horrendous hyphenate of a last name and our father's life ... well, it doesn't change that much." In the end, she notes, "As annoyingly long as that is, We hope you're on it."
Gene got down on one knee to ask Shannon's hand in marriage during a vacation in Belize. The romantic moment was captured on camera for A&E's "Gene Simmons Family Jewels" and was aired on the show's sixth season finale back in July.
"I come with so much baggage, but you're the only friend I've got. You're the only one I love...and you're the only one I ever will love," Gene told Shannon at the time. "I've never said those words to anybody. And I don't ever want to...funny, I used to watch movies where they say I can't live without you, but for me it's true."
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child