Photos and Video: Justin Timberlake Throws Surprise Show in N.Y.C.
Just when it seemed that he is focused on pursuing his acting career, Justin Timberlake treated his music fans with a surprise performance. The 30-year-old entertainer rocked his Southern Hospitality restaurant in New York City on Wednesday night, August 31 with an impromptu show.
Backed by Memphis band FreeSol, the "Friends with Benefits" actor performed a few new songs, including what PEOPLE reported as a rap ballad titled "Don't Give It Away". He also delivered a capella version of "What Goes Around...," which got the packed house to sing along. Toward the end of the song, he told the crowd, "Thanks for your help. It's been a long time."
Hours earlier, Justin took to Twitter to spread the words over the free concert. "NYC!!! Wanna check out some live music tonight?? Meet me and @freesol at 45th & 9th at 11pm.," so he tweeted. Aside from his avid fans, celebrities like Amanda Seyfried, Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries were also on hand to check out the gig.
The Wednesday's performance wasn't Justin's only gig this week though. The former NSYNC member took on another free show with FreeSol at New York's Irving Plaza on Thursday, September 1. Billed as National 901 Day, the gig was launched to promote FreeSol and his tequila venture, 901 Silver Tequila.
More Justin Timberlake News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen