John Moore Close to Direct 'Die Hard 5', Breck Eisner Eyed for 'Red 2'
After going through a long search, "Die Hard 5" is finally closing in to naming its director. Breaking the news was Deadline which reported that "Max Payne" helmer John Moore is currently in final negotiation with 20th Century Fox for the role behind the lens for the fifth film in the action franchise.
Moore was not the only candidate who was considered to replace Noam Murro, who exited the project after he's tapped for "300: Battle of Artemisia". Previously, the studio have short-listed several other names, including "Fast Five" director Justin Lin, "Drive" helmer Nicolas Refn, and "Attack the Block" filmmaker Joe Cornish.
Expected to be shot in Russia, "Die Hard 5" will serve as the follow-up to "Live Free or Die Hard" which was released in 2007. Bruce Willis is set to reprise his role as John McClane before working on "Red 2", a sequel to 2010's "Red" which is still looking for its director.
Rumor has it, Summit Entertainment is eyeing "The Crazies" helmer Breck Eisner for "Red 2". Eiser himself has been considered to take on the directing seat since director Robert Schwentke, who was previously being rumored to helm "Red 2", is currently busy working on "R.I.P.D." which stars Ryan Reynolds and Jeff bridges.
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free
- Britney Spears Recalls Being on 'Awkward' Dates, Says 'Being Famous Doesn't Make You Any Different'
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami