John Moore Close to Direct 'Die Hard 5', Breck Eisner Eyed for 'Red 2'
After going through a long search, "Die Hard 5" is finally closing in to naming its director. Breaking the news was Deadline which reported that "Max Payne" helmer John Moore is currently in final negotiation with 20th Century Fox for the role behind the lens for the fifth film in the action franchise.
Moore was not the only candidate who was considered to replace Noam Murro, who exited the project after he's tapped for "300: Battle of Artemisia". Previously, the studio have short-listed several other names, including "Fast Five" director Justin Lin, "Drive" helmer Nicolas Refn, and "Attack the Block" filmmaker Joe Cornish.
Expected to be shot in Russia, "Die Hard 5" will serve as the follow-up to "Live Free or Die Hard" which was released in 2007. Bruce Willis is set to reprise his role as John McClane before working on "Red 2", a sequel to 2010's "Red" which is still looking for its director.
Rumor has it, Summit Entertainment is eyeing "The Crazies" helmer Breck Eisner for "Red 2". Eiser himself has been considered to take on the directing seat since director Robert Schwentke, who was previously being rumored to helm "Red 2", is currently busy working on "R.I.P.D." which stars Ryan Reynolds and Jeff bridges.
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill