John Moore Close to Direct 'Die Hard 5', Breck Eisner Eyed for 'Red 2'
After going through a long search, "Die Hard 5" is finally closing in to naming its director. Breaking the news was Deadline which reported that "Max Payne" helmer John Moore is currently in final negotiation with 20th Century Fox for the role behind the lens for the fifth film in the action franchise.
Moore was not the only candidate who was considered to replace Noam Murro, who exited the project after he's tapped for "300: Battle of Artemisia". Previously, the studio have short-listed several other names, including "Fast Five" director Justin Lin, "Drive" helmer Nicolas Refn, and "Attack the Block" filmmaker Joe Cornish.
Expected to be shot in Russia, "Die Hard 5" will serve as the follow-up to "Live Free or Die Hard" which was released in 2007. Bruce Willis is set to reprise his role as John McClane before working on "Red 2", a sequel to 2010's "Red" which is still looking for its director.
Rumor has it, Summit Entertainment is eyeing "The Crazies" helmer Breck Eisner for "Red 2". Eiser himself has been considered to take on the directing seat since director Robert Schwentke, who was previously being rumored to helm "Red 2", is currently busy working on "R.I.P.D." which stars Ryan Reynolds and Jeff bridges.
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'