Rihanna Suing Former Home Owner for Construction Defects
Apparently upset for being lied to, Rihanna is taking matter to the court. On Wednesday, August 31, the "Only Girl (In the World)" hitmaker filed a lawsuit against Prudential California Realty, a property-inspection service and the former owner of her Beverly Hills home for failing to inform her about construction defects of the house.
The 23-year-old singer purchased the mansion in July 2009 for $6.9 million, but wasn't aware of the problems until the two-story house was hit by a "moderate rainstorm" in January 2010. She detailed in the suit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, that rainwater pooled on the second-floor balcony and seeped into numerous rooms, leaving the house "uninhabitable".
It was noted that the Barbadian beauty then hired an engineering firm to assess the damage. During inspection, the company found "a host of defects in the property, including numerous waterproofing defects and evidence of water intrusion and associated damage."
Riri additionally claimed that Landmark Design Group, the company that remodeled the house, did not make necessary repairs. She now seeks unspecified damages because "the actual value of the property at the time of purchase, taking into consideration the extensive construction defects ... was millions of dollars less" than the price she paid for.
More Rihanna News
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video