Rihanna Suing Former Home Owner for Construction Defects
Apparently upset for being lied to, Rihanna is taking matter to the court. On Wednesday, August 31, the "Only Girl (In the World)" hitmaker filed a lawsuit against Prudential California Realty, a property-inspection service and the former owner of her Beverly Hills home for failing to inform her about construction defects of the house.
The 23-year-old singer purchased the mansion in July 2009 for $6.9 million, but wasn't aware of the problems until the two-story house was hit by a "moderate rainstorm" in January 2010. She detailed in the suit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, that rainwater pooled on the second-floor balcony and seeped into numerous rooms, leaving the house "uninhabitable".
It was noted that the Barbadian beauty then hired an engineering firm to assess the damage. During inspection, the company found "a host of defects in the property, including numerous waterproofing defects and evidence of water intrusion and associated damage."
Riri additionally claimed that Landmark Design Group, the company that remodeled the house, did not make necessary repairs. She now seeks unspecified damages because "the actual value of the property at the time of purchase, taking into consideration the extensive construction defects ... was millions of dollars less" than the price she paid for.
More Rihanna News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'