Rihanna Suing Former Home Owner for Construction Defects
Apparently upset for being lied to, Rihanna is taking matter to the court. On Wednesday, August 31, the "Only Girl (In the World)" hitmaker filed a lawsuit against Prudential California Realty, a property-inspection service and the former owner of her Beverly Hills home for failing to inform her about construction defects of the house.
The 23-year-old singer purchased the mansion in July 2009 for $6.9 million, but wasn't aware of the problems until the two-story house was hit by a "moderate rainstorm" in January 2010. She detailed in the suit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, that rainwater pooled on the second-floor balcony and seeped into numerous rooms, leaving the house "uninhabitable".
It was noted that the Barbadian beauty then hired an engineering firm to assess the damage. During inspection, the company found "a host of defects in the property, including numerous waterproofing defects and evidence of water intrusion and associated damage."
Riri additionally claimed that Landmark Design Group, the company that remodeled the house, did not make necessary repairs. She now seeks unspecified damages because "the actual value of the property at the time of purchase, taking into consideration the extensive construction defects ... was millions of dollars less" than the price she paid for.
More Rihanna News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal