George Clooney's 'Ides of March' Has Star-Studded Premiere in Venice
A number of Hollywood stars jetted off to Venice, Italy to support the premiere of "The Ides of March" on Wednesday, August 31. Set as part of the Venice Film Festivals opening ceremony, the special screening was attended by George Clooney who has a role in the movie in addition to taking the helming duty.
Wearing a traditional black and white suit completed with a bow tie, he sported a funny face when posing on the red carpet. At a press conference before the premiere, he responded to questions whether he is interested in running for public office, saying "Why would I do that?"
Back at the special screening, leading lady Evan Rachel Wood also stole the spotlight by flaunting some skin in a white floating Alessandra Rich gown. As for her female co-star Marisa Tomei, she opted for a mustard-colored Marios Schwab gown with pearl embellishments which made her look more feminine.
Philip Seymour Hoffman and Paul Giamatti were other cast members who took part in the event, while Ryan Gosling who takes a lead role as a wunderkind press secretary was not present. Nonetheless, the premiere attracted such celebrity guests as Cindy Crawford, who came with husband Rande Gerber, and Diane Kruger.
"The Ides of March" is a political drama about Gosling's Stephen whose meteoric rise falls prey to the backroom politics of more seasoned operatives during a tight presidential primary race. Now he has to choose if he wants to stand up for what he believes in or move his career forward. The movie will head into theaters across the nation on October 7.
- Shailene Woodley Pleads Guilty to Disorderly Conduct During Pipeline Protest
- Is Chris Brown's New Sex-Drenched Single 'Privacy' to Tempt Rihanna?
- Christina El Moussa Is Dating NHL Star Nate Thompson Amid Divorce From Tarek
- Hugh Grant Dances to Drake's Song in 'Love Actually' Short Film
- Cher's 'Serious Family Issue' Forces Her to Drop Out of Lifetime's Flint Water Crisis Movie
- 'Game of Thrones': Nikolaj Coster-Waldau Teases Big Jaime-Cersei-Brienne Development in Season 7
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Direct R-Rated Musical Comedy Co-Starring Channing Tatum
- John Legend's Travel Bag 'Stolen' at JFK Airport