Marc Anthony: My Split From Jennifer Lopez Wasn't Something Sensationalistic
Marc Anthony finally opened up about his split from wife Jennifer Lopez. In his first interview since announcing the end of their seven years of marriage, the "I Need to Know" singer sat down with ABC News' John Quinones and stated, "I'll tell you that it wasn't something sensationalistic happening."
Having shot down speculation that his alleged affairs were the reasons for the separation, the 42-year-old stressed that their marriage just no longer "worked". He elaborated, "It was a realization on both our parts. So you know it wasn't shocking. These things happen. It was a decision that we made jointly."
Of his divorce, the salsa king said, "This is not a funeral. This is not a burial." He went on to point out, "This is just two people who came together and just realized - and so I'm saying that it wasn't sustainable the way it was, and that's that."
A teaser of Marc's chat with John Quinones has been released, and in it, the two-time Grammy winner declared, "I'll always love Jennifer." A longer interview will be presented on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Thursday, September 1 at 7 A.M. EST, while the full interview can be checked out on "Nightline" at 11:35 P.M. EST.
Marc and J.Lo revealed their decision to end their marriage in July. In a joint statement, they explained, "This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters. It is a painful time for all involved and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time."
More Marc Anthony News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound