Marc Anthony: My Split From Jennifer Lopez Wasn't Something Sensationalistic
Marc Anthony finally opened up about his split from wife Jennifer Lopez. In his first interview since announcing the end of their seven years of marriage, the "I Need to Know" singer sat down with ABC News' John Quinones and stated, "I'll tell you that it wasn't something sensationalistic happening."
Having shot down speculation that his alleged affairs were the reasons for the separation, the 42-year-old stressed that their marriage just no longer "worked". He elaborated, "It was a realization on both our parts. So you know it wasn't shocking. These things happen. It was a decision that we made jointly."
Of his divorce, the salsa king said, "This is not a funeral. This is not a burial." He went on to point out, "This is just two people who came together and just realized - and so I'm saying that it wasn't sustainable the way it was, and that's that."
A teaser of Marc's chat with John Quinones has been released, and in it, the two-time Grammy winner declared, "I'll always love Jennifer." A longer interview will be presented on ABC's "Good Morning America" on Thursday, September 1 at 7 A.M. EST, while the full interview can be checked out on "Nightline" at 11:35 P.M. EST.
Marc and J.Lo revealed their decision to end their marriage in July. In a joint statement, they explained, "This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters. It is a painful time for all involved and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time." video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers