Richard Gere Holds Air of Mystery in 'The Double' Trailer
Image Entertainment has unleashed the first trailer for "The Double". Around two minutes long, the sneak peek at the upcoming thriller takes its focus on Richard Gere's retired CIA operative character Paul Shepherdson and his hunt for his nemesis, the legendary Soviet assassin Cassius.
Bearing the distinctive trademark of Cassius, a mysterious murder of a U.S. senator forces Shepherdson to team up with rookie FBI agent, Ben Geary, to solve the crime. Having spent his career chasing the assassin, the retired operative is convinced his nemesis is long dead, but is pushed to take on the case by his former supervisor, Tom Highland.
Agent Geary, in the meantime, wrote his Master's thesis on Shepherdson's pursuit of the Soviet killer, and is certain that Cassius has resurfaced. As the two work their way through crimes both past and present, they discover that Cassius may not be the person they always thought him to be, forcing both to re-examine everything and everyone around them.
To be released in U.S. theaters on September 23, "The Double" is written by Michael Brandt and Derek Haas, the screenwriter duo behind "3:10 to Yuma" and "Wanted (2008)". Topher Grace takes the role of Agent Geary, and is supported by a cast that include Odette Annable, Stana Katic, Martin Sheen and Stephen Moyer.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked