Richard Gere Holds Air of Mystery in 'The Double' Trailer
Image Entertainment has unleashed the first trailer for "The Double". Around two minutes long, the sneak peek at the upcoming thriller takes its focus on Richard Gere's retired CIA operative character Paul Shepherdson and his hunt for his nemesis, the legendary Soviet assassin Cassius.
Bearing the distinctive trademark of Cassius, a mysterious murder of a U.S. senator forces Shepherdson to team up with rookie FBI agent, Ben Geary, to solve the crime. Having spent his career chasing the assassin, the retired operative is convinced his nemesis is long dead, but is pushed to take on the case by his former supervisor, Tom Highland.
Agent Geary, in the meantime, wrote his Master's thesis on Shepherdson's pursuit of the Soviet killer, and is certain that Cassius has resurfaced. As the two work their way through crimes both past and present, they discover that Cassius may not be the person they always thought him to be, forcing both to re-examine everything and everyone around them.
To be released in U.S. theaters on September 23, "The Double" is written by Michael Brandt and Derek Haas, the screenwriter duo behind "3:10 to Yuma" and "Wanted (2008)". Topher Grace takes the role of Agent Geary, and is supported by a cast that include Odette Annable, Stana Katic, Martin Sheen and Stephen Moyer.
- Khloe Kardashian Files for Divorce From Lamar Odom Again
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them