Richard Gere Holds Air of Mystery in 'The Double' Trailer
Image Entertainment has unleashed the first trailer for "The Double". Around two minutes long, the sneak peek at the upcoming thriller takes its focus on Richard Gere's retired CIA operative character Paul Shepherdson and his hunt for his nemesis, the legendary Soviet assassin Cassius.
Bearing the distinctive trademark of Cassius, a mysterious murder of a U.S. senator forces Shepherdson to team up with rookie FBI agent, Ben Geary, to solve the crime. Having spent his career chasing the assassin, the retired operative is convinced his nemesis is long dead, but is pushed to take on the case by his former supervisor, Tom Highland.
Agent Geary, in the meantime, wrote his Master's thesis on Shepherdson's pursuit of the Soviet killer, and is certain that Cassius has resurfaced. As the two work their way through crimes both past and present, they discover that Cassius may not be the person they always thought him to be, forcing both to re-examine everything and everyone around them.
To be released in U.S. theaters on September 23, "The Double" is written by Michael Brandt and Derek Haas, the screenwriter duo behind "3:10 to Yuma" and "Wanted (2008)". Topher Grace takes the role of Agent Geary, and is supported by a cast that include Odette Annable, Stana Katic, Martin Sheen and Stephen Moyer.
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs