Adam Levine Continues Dissing MTV for Not Representing Music
Adam Levine is not withdrawing his statement about MTV being indifferent to music. Instead, the Maroon 5 frontman emphasized further what he meant with "F**k you, VMAs" which he wrote on Twitter just a day before the awards show was held on Sunday, August 28.
In a new interview with E! Online, Levine said that a lot of musicians felt the same way but "they just don't say it". He added, "It's public knowledge that it's not a music channel," referring to the network's reality shows such as "Jersey Shore". "It's become a huge promotional opportunity for artists, which is a good thing. I think that great artists were there and they were represented and there could have been more," Levine continued.
To Wonderwall, the mentor on "The Voice" was more blatant about his personal feeling toward the channel. "I was also upset that we've never really been included. Of course, I was a little bit jilted. At least at some certain point in our career, we should've been more involved, and obviously they responded with saying that we won a Moonman in 2004 - which was 7 years ago, by the way - which was great and we thank them for that."
"We also weren't invited to perform on the VMAs that year either. We weren't even there. So we basically didn't get invited the year we won either. So I was pissed, and I'm pissed off in general because I don't think that it's music television anymore, and I don't think they should pretend to be."
More Adam Levine News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier