Lil Mama Channels a Doll in 'Scrawberry' Video
Lil Mama makes one little girl amazed when she and her entourage suddenly appear inside the girl's dollhouse. In the clip of "Scrawberry", the young rapper channels a tutti fruity look with her colorful wig and a pink skirt.
Directed by Phil Lee, the video somehow is a subtle visual of fellow female rapper Nicki Minaj who glorifies the color pink and the definition of doll. But Mama did defend her identity, saying in a recent interview, "I don't look at TV or listen to radio and say, 'I'm gonna be a h** now,' or 'Oh, I'm gonna do this now,' or 'I'm gonna talk like this' or 'I'm gonna get a tattoo that says 'I'm a doll',' or 'I'm gonna get a chain that says 'I'm a doll'.' I'm Lil Mama til the day I die."
"Scrawberry" is a homage to one of her role models, MC Lyte. "Quick like Nestle / Something Lyte but the bass bangs heavy," one of the lyrics says. The song samples Special Ed's "I Got It Made" and is yet clear whether it would be a single for a new album.
Mama has been absent from the music industry to concentrate on judging "America's Best Dance Crew." Her first and only album so far, "VYP (Voice of the Young People)", was released back in 2008.
- Tyler Hoechlin Suits Up as Superman in His First Look on 'Supergirl'
- JoJo Goes Skinny Dipping in 'F**k Apologies' Video Feat. Wiz Khalifa
- Khloe Kardashian Blasts Critics for Claiming She's 'Too Skinny'
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert