Lil Mama Channels a Doll in 'Scrawberry' Video
Lil Mama makes one little girl amazed when she and her entourage suddenly appear inside the girl's dollhouse. In the clip of "Scrawberry", the young rapper channels a tutti fruity look with her colorful wig and a pink skirt.
Directed by Phil Lee, the video somehow is a subtle visual of fellow female rapper Nicki Minaj who glorifies the color pink and the definition of doll. But Mama did defend her identity, saying in a recent interview, "I don't look at TV or listen to radio and say, 'I'm gonna be a h** now,' or 'Oh, I'm gonna do this now,' or 'I'm gonna talk like this' or 'I'm gonna get a tattoo that says 'I'm a doll',' or 'I'm gonna get a chain that says 'I'm a doll'.' I'm Lil Mama til the day I die."
"Scrawberry" is a homage to one of her role models, MC Lyte. "Quick like Nestle / Something Lyte but the bass bangs heavy," one of the lyrics says. The song samples Special Ed's "I Got It Made" and is yet clear whether it would be a single for a new album.
Mama has been absent from the music industry to concentrate on judging "America's Best Dance Crew." Her first and only album so far, "VYP (Voice of the Young People)", was released back in 2008.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen