Lil Mama Channels a Doll in 'Scrawberry' Video
Lil Mama makes one little girl amazed when she and her entourage suddenly appear inside the girl's dollhouse. In the clip of "Scrawberry", the young rapper channels a tutti fruity look with her colorful wig and a pink skirt.
Directed by Phil Lee, the video somehow is a subtle visual of fellow female rapper Nicki Minaj who glorifies the color pink and the definition of doll. But Mama did defend her identity, saying in a recent interview, "I don't look at TV or listen to radio and say, 'I'm gonna be a h** now,' or 'Oh, I'm gonna do this now,' or 'I'm gonna talk like this' or 'I'm gonna get a tattoo that says 'I'm a doll',' or 'I'm gonna get a chain that says 'I'm a doll'.' I'm Lil Mama til the day I die."
"Scrawberry" is a homage to one of her role models, MC Lyte. "Quick like Nestle / Something Lyte but the bass bangs heavy," one of the lyrics says. The song samples Special Ed's "I Got It Made" and is yet clear whether it would be a single for a new album.
Mama has been absent from the music industry to concentrate on judging "America's Best Dance Crew." Her first and only album so far, "VYP (Voice of the Young People)", was released back in 2008.
- Gigi Hadid's Family Wants Her to Dump Zayn Malik Because of This
- Is Destiny's Child Reunion Happening? Here's What Kelly Rowland Says
- Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Turned Into Virtual Reality Experience
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Photos: Jon Snow Reunites With an Old Friend and It's Doesn't Look Friendly
- Jennifer Lawrence Was 'Stressed Out' When Dating Chris Martin, Is Happier With Darren Aronofsky
- Blake Lively Celebrates Ryan Reynolds' 40th Birthday Amid Physical Abuse Allegations
- Justin Bieber Extends 'Purpose World Tour' After Storming Off Stage Mid-Performance
- Ice Cube and 'Hamilton' Helmer Team Up for 'Oliver Twist' Musical at Disney