James Bond Heads to India for the 23rd Film
After being rumored to start production in South Africa, the next James Bond film is now likely to be shot in India. A report from Deccan Chronicle revealed that the Sam Mendes-directed film project has locked the approval from The Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry to take principal photography in the country.
Multiple sources said that the proposal of the project, which was submitted in May, has been approved by the Indian government under the working title of "Bond 23". The sources added that "clearance has being given by the government for shooting in Sarojini Nagar Market, Daryaganj street and Ansari Road in the national capital (New Delhi)."
The Indian I&B ministry has also stated that they have no objection to the plan of shooting the film in other cities, Mumbai and Goa. Since the movie, which has an estimated budget of $200 million, is targeted for November 9, 2012 release, Mendes and his team will likely to begin filming in India soon.
This will be the second James Bond movie filmed in India after 1983's "Octopussy" which stars Roger Moore. For the upcoming film, Daniel Craig will reprise his role as the flamboyant secret agent.
It was recently rumored that the film could possibly be titled "Carte Blanche", which is likely to be taken from the latest James Bond novel by Jeffery Deaver. The plot is said to revolve around Bond who is on his mission on the outskirts of Novi Sad in Serbia, monitoring an Irishman called Niall Dunne, who plans to derail a train carrying three hundred kilograms of methyl isocyanate.
Providing the screenplay are John Logan, Robert Wade and Neal Purvis. Judi Dench will reprise her role as M. Additionally, Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes are said to be cast to play the villains.
- Kim Kardashian's Stolen Jewelry Re-Cut and Sold on Black Market After Robbery
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Forced to Hand Over Kids to Brad Pitt
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas