James Bond Heads to India for the 23rd Film
After being rumored to start production in South Africa, the next James Bond film is now likely to be shot in India. A report from Deccan Chronicle revealed that the Sam Mendes-directed film project has locked the approval from The Union Information and Broadcasting Ministry to take principal photography in the country.
Multiple sources said that the proposal of the project, which was submitted in May, has been approved by the Indian government under the working title of "Bond 23". The sources added that "clearance has being given by the government for shooting in Sarojini Nagar Market, Daryaganj street and Ansari Road in the national capital (New Delhi)."
The Indian I&B ministry has also stated that they have no objection to the plan of shooting the film in other cities, Mumbai and Goa. Since the movie, which has an estimated budget of $200 million, is targeted for November 9, 2012 release, Mendes and his team will likely to begin filming in India soon.
This will be the second James Bond movie filmed in India after 1983's "Octopussy" which stars Roger Moore. For the upcoming film, Daniel Craig will reprise his role as the flamboyant secret agent.
It was recently rumored that the film could possibly be titled "Carte Blanche", which is likely to be taken from the latest James Bond novel by Jeffery Deaver. The plot is said to revolve around Bond who is on his mission on the outskirts of Novi Sad in Serbia, monitoring an Irishman called Niall Dunne, who plans to derail a train carrying three hundred kilograms of methyl isocyanate.
Providing the screenplay are John Logan, Robert Wade and Neal Purvis. Judi Dench will reprise her role as M. Additionally, Javier Bardem and Ralph Fiennes are said to be cast to play the villains.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences