Official: Chad Michael Murray Returns for 'One Tree Hill' Final Season
Chad Michael Murray is going to pay a visit to "One Tree Hill" before the show takes its final bow next year. The 30-year-old hunk has confirmed report that he signed a deal to return to the CW series in the upcoming ninth season, tweeting on Monday, August 29, "The secrets out;) Im excited 2 say that 'Luke' will b reuniting with the amazing OTH cast, Producers & Crew 4 an ep! This is 4 u great fans."
Murray's character, Lucas, was last seen on "OTH" in season 6 where he, his wife Peyton (Hilarie Burton) and their new baby Sawyer were happily driving off into the sunset. According to the network, Lucas shows up in Tree Hill again after his friend Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) reaches out to him for help.
While Murray has signed up, it is said that his on-screen wife Burton was not invited back. The actress who now has a regular role on "White Collar" had been offered to return last season, but she declined. Creator Mark Schwahn revealed at that time, "Hilarie now has a child and a family, and she's doing some nice work [on 'White Collar']."
The last season of "OTH" will premiere in spring 2012. The show was recently forced to shut down the production scheduled for Friday and Saturday (August 26 and 27) in Wilmington, North Carolina due to Hurricane Irene.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris