Official: Chad Michael Murray Returns for 'One Tree Hill' Final Season
Chad Michael Murray is going to pay a visit to "One Tree Hill" before the show takes its final bow next year. The 30-year-old hunk has confirmed report that he signed a deal to return to the CW series in the upcoming ninth season, tweeting on Monday, August 29, "The secrets out;) Im excited 2 say that 'Luke' will b reuniting with the amazing OTH cast, Producers & Crew 4 an ep! This is 4 u great fans."
Murray's character, Lucas, was last seen on "OTH" in season 6 where he, his wife Peyton (Hilarie Burton) and their new baby Sawyer were happily driving off into the sunset. According to the network, Lucas shows up in Tree Hill again after his friend Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) reaches out to him for help.
While Murray has signed up, it is said that his on-screen wife Burton was not invited back. The actress who now has a regular role on "White Collar" had been offered to return last season, but she declined. Creator Mark Schwahn revealed at that time, "Hilarie now has a child and a family, and she's doing some nice work [on 'White Collar']."
The last season of "OTH" will premiere in spring 2012. The show was recently forced to shut down the production scheduled for Friday and Saturday (August 26 and 27) in Wilmington, North Carolina due to Hurricane Irene.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'