Official: Chad Michael Murray Returns for 'One Tree Hill' Final Season
Chad Michael Murray is going to pay a visit to "One Tree Hill" before the show takes its final bow next year. The 30-year-old hunk has confirmed report that he signed a deal to return to the CW series in the upcoming ninth season, tweeting on Monday, August 29, "The secrets out;) Im excited 2 say that 'Luke' will b reuniting with the amazing OTH cast, Producers & Crew 4 an ep! This is 4 u great fans."
Murray's character, Lucas, was last seen on "OTH" in season 6 where he, his wife Peyton (Hilarie Burton) and their new baby Sawyer were happily driving off into the sunset. According to the network, Lucas shows up in Tree Hill again after his friend Haley (Bethany Joy Galeotti) reaches out to him for help.
While Murray has signed up, it is said that his on-screen wife Burton was not invited back. The actress who now has a regular role on "White Collar" had been offered to return last season, but she declined. Creator Mark Schwahn revealed at that time, "Hilarie now has a child and a family, and she's doing some nice work [on 'White Collar']."
The last season of "OTH" will premiere in spring 2012. The show was recently forced to shut down the production scheduled for Friday and Saturday (August 26 and 27) in Wilmington, North Carolina due to Hurricane Irene.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt