Video: Taylor Swift Brought Nicki Minaj to Her L.A. Stage
Taylor Swift keeps showering her Los Angeles concertgoers with surprise guests. A few days after Justin Bieber suddenly appeared on her stage to sing "Baby", Nicki Minaj showed up at Staples Center to sing her award-winning "Super Bass".
Minaj was fresh from receiving a Best Hip-Hop Video moonman for "Super Bass" at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, August 28. She didn't get to perform at the event but she ran across the street from Nokia Theater to get her own spotlight and do Swift a favor. After all, the country singer made Minaj's hit more popular with a viral video featuring her rapping.
"Taylor started this 'Super Bass' frenzy and I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart. I love you, Taylor," Minaj said after their duet, embracing Swift in a hug and walking off stage. Swift tweeted after the show, "The combination of the INSANE crowed tonight and @NICKIMINAJ joining me onstage for 'Superbass' = #IwishIcouldhavethismoment4life."
Before Bieber and Minaj, Swift also presented Jason Mraz, and Ryan Follese and Nash Overstreet from Hot Chelle Rae as surprise guests at her extensive Speak Now tour.
More Taylor Swift News
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her