Video: Taylor Swift Brought Nicki Minaj to Her L.A. Stage
Taylor Swift keeps showering her Los Angeles concertgoers with surprise guests. A few days after Justin Bieber suddenly appeared on her stage to sing "Baby", Nicki Minaj showed up at Staples Center to sing her award-winning "Super Bass".
Minaj was fresh from receiving a Best Hip-Hop Video moonman for "Super Bass" at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, August 28. She didn't get to perform at the event but she ran across the street from Nokia Theater to get her own spotlight and do Swift a favor. After all, the country singer made Minaj's hit more popular with a viral video featuring her rapping.
"Taylor started this 'Super Bass' frenzy and I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart. I love you, Taylor," Minaj said after their duet, embracing Swift in a hug and walking off stage. Swift tweeted after the show, "The combination of the INSANE crowed tonight and @NICKIMINAJ joining me onstage for 'Superbass' = #IwishIcouldhavethismoment4life."
Before Bieber and Minaj, Swift also presented Jason Mraz, and Ryan Follese and Nash Overstreet from Hot Chelle Rae as surprise guests at her extensive Speak Now tour.
More Taylor Swift News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby