Video: Taylor Swift Brought Nicki Minaj to Her L.A. Stage
Taylor Swift keeps showering her Los Angeles concertgoers with surprise guests. A few days after Justin Bieber suddenly appeared on her stage to sing "Baby", Nicki Minaj showed up at Staples Center to sing her award-winning "Super Bass".
Minaj was fresh from receiving a Best Hip-Hop Video moonman for "Super Bass" at the MTV Video Music Awards on Sunday, August 28. She didn't get to perform at the event but she ran across the street from Nokia Theater to get her own spotlight and do Swift a favor. After all, the country singer made Minaj's hit more popular with a viral video featuring her rapping.
"Taylor started this 'Super Bass' frenzy and I want to thank her from the bottom of my heart. I love you, Taylor," Minaj said after their duet, embracing Swift in a hug and walking off stage. Swift tweeted after the show, "The combination of the INSANE crowed tonight and @NICKIMINAJ joining me onstage for 'Superbass' = #IwishIcouldhavethismoment4life."
Before Bieber and Minaj, Swift also presented Jason Mraz, and Ryan Follese and Nash Overstreet from Hot Chelle Rae as surprise guests at her extensive Speak Now tour.
More Taylor Swift News
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season