George Clooney Backs Out of Steven Soderbergh's 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
Rumor has it, George Clooney will not be playing in Steven Soderbergh's "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.". According to Deadline, the thespian who had worked together with Soderbergh in several hit films, including "Solaris", "The Good German" and the "Oceans" series, withdraws as the lead actor of the project, but the reason is still unclear.
Although Clooney's departure will leave the lead role vacant, Warner Bros. Pictures are seemingly determined to stay on their schedule to begin production in February 2012. As for the storyline, it will be based on the spy drama film "The Spy With My Face", starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum, which was released in 1965.
Aside from the project, Soderbergh is preparing to release his thriller "Contagion", which has a number of A-list actors on the line-up, on September 9. He's also been busy working on some projects, including female-centered action "Haywire" as well as male stripper drama "Magic Mike".
Despite having some upcoming film projects on his schedule, Soderbergh has planned a retirement from his directorial career. Sharing that he's interested to become a painter, he told The New York Times, "I'm interested in exploring another art form while I have the time and ability to do so. I'll be the first person to say if I can't be any good at it and run out of money I'll be back making another 'Ocean's' movie."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed