George Clooney Backs Out of Steven Soderbergh's 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.'
Rumor has it, George Clooney will not be playing in Steven Soderbergh's "The Man from U.N.C.L.E.". According to Deadline, the thespian who had worked together with Soderbergh in several hit films, including "Solaris", "The Good German" and the "Oceans" series, withdraws as the lead actor of the project, but the reason is still unclear.
Although Clooney's departure will leave the lead role vacant, Warner Bros. Pictures are seemingly determined to stay on their schedule to begin production in February 2012. As for the storyline, it will be based on the spy drama film "The Spy With My Face", starring Robert Vaughn and David McCallum, which was released in 1965.
Aside from the project, Soderbergh is preparing to release his thriller "Contagion", which has a number of A-list actors on the line-up, on September 9. He's also been busy working on some projects, including female-centered action "Haywire" as well as male stripper drama "Magic Mike".
Despite having some upcoming film projects on his schedule, Soderbergh has planned a retirement from his directorial career. Sharing that he's interested to become a painter, he told The New York Times, "I'm interested in exploring another art form while I have the time and ability to do so. I'll be the first person to say if I can't be any good at it and run out of money I'll be back making another 'Ocean's' movie."
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier