Woman Accusing Matthew Fox of Assault Plans to Press Charges
Matthew Fox messed with the wrong woman last Saturday night, August 27. The former "Lost" star allegedly got involved in an altercation with a female private party-bus driver named Heather Bormann outside of a bar in Cleveland, Ohio and ended up being detained by police. Now, the woman plans to press charges against the actor.
Speaking of her intention to EW, 29-year-old Heather revealed that she plans to meet with prosecutors on Tuesday, August 30. "Even before [the police officer] told me who he was, I intended to pursue this," so she said. "His first punch landed on my crotch, and his second punch hit my breast. I really felt violated."
Matthew got himself accused of assault after he tried to board a party bus although he was not a guest. When he was denied entry by Heather, the 45-year-old actor punched her in the chest and stomach area. According to police report, Heather punched back in self defense, hitting the actor in the mouth and cutting his lip.
An off-duty officer, who happened to be on the scene, then handcuffed Matthew before he was taken to custody by the police. The Cleveland police department has confirmed that the actor was detained following the altercation, but stressed "there was no arrest made."
Explaining the move, a spokesperson for the Cleveland Police said in an e-mail to EW that "officers do not have to arrest on a misdemeanor charge [assault] unless they witnessed it." Still, the representative noted, "For a misdemeanor offense it is up to the victim to consult with a prosecutor to press charges."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby