Beyonce Knowles' Pregnancy Might Postpone 'A Star Is Born' Production
Beyonce Knowles' first pregnancy is likely to affect the production of "A Star Is Born". While Warner Bros. Pictures hope to begin filming as early as February 2012, an insider told Deadline that the studio "could push" the production due to the Grammy-winning songstress' pregnancy.
With the remake project being postponed, director Clint Eastwood will now have more time to look for a suitable male co-star to play opposite the wife of Jay-Z. Eastwood has been considering several A-listers, including Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale and Will Smith, to be paired with Knowles but no deal has yet to be sealed.
"A Star Is Born" promises an updated version of a romantic relationship between an alcoholic star on his way out and a young female artist on the rise. The project has actually been developed for sometime, but it fell apart before finally coming back together again earlier this year.
Knowles, who has been married to Jay-Z since April 2008, first announced that she's pregnant with her first child while attending the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theaters, L.A. on Sunday, August 28. Confirming the happy news was MTV with a tweet that read, "OMG Beyonce just made a huge announcement on the #vma carpet! #baby!!!!!"
More A Star Is Born News
- Colton Haynes and Fiance Jeff Leatham Get Engaged Again. See Their Matching Rings
- The Weeknd Teams Up With Drake to Perform 'Crew Love' at Toronto Show for the First Time in 3 Years
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Are House-Hunting in Norfolk
- Emmy Rossum and 'Mr. Robot' Creator Sam Esmail Tie the Knot in Intimate Ceremony. See the Pics!
- Caitlyn Jenner Says She's Never 'Entirely Comfortable' Having Sex With Kris
- 'Logan Lucky' First Trailer: Channing Tatum, Daniel Craig and Adam Driver Plan a Heist
- Sofia Richie Shuts Down Scott Disick Dating Rumors: We Are Just 'Homies'
- Pictures of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews' Tropical Honeymoon Surface