Beyonce Knowles' Pregnancy Might Postpone 'A Star Is Born' Production
Beyonce Knowles' first pregnancy is likely to affect the production of "A Star Is Born". While Warner Bros. Pictures hope to begin filming as early as February 2012, an insider told Deadline that the studio "could push" the production due to the Grammy-winning songstress' pregnancy.
With the remake project being postponed, director Clint Eastwood will now have more time to look for a suitable male co-star to play opposite the wife of Jay-Z. Eastwood has been considering several A-listers, including Leonardo DiCaprio, Christian Bale and Will Smith, to be paired with Knowles but no deal has yet to be sealed.
"A Star Is Born" promises an updated version of a romantic relationship between an alcoholic star on his way out and a young female artist on the rise. The project has actually been developed for sometime, but it fell apart before finally coming back together again earlier this year.
Knowles, who has been married to Jay-Z since April 2008, first announced that she's pregnant with her first child while attending the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards at Nokia Theaters, L.A. on Sunday, August 28. Confirming the happy news was MTV with a tweet that read, "OMG Beyonce just made a huge announcement on the #vma carpet! #baby!!!!!"
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors