Kendra Wilkinson: I Have Won My Battle Against Post-Partum Depression
Kendra Wilkinson claims to have overcome her battle against post-partum depression. Nearly two years after giving birth to her first son with husband Hank Baskett, the former girlfriend of Playboy founder Hugh Hefner told PEOPLE last Saturday, August 27 that she has been back being herself again.
"[After I had a baby,] I felt like I had to be a different person. I had to be conservative and wear turtlenecks and be someone that I wasn't," recalled the 26-year-old when met at Wet Republic pool party at the MGM Grand Hotel and Casino. "Now that I have my body back and I feel good again, I have the perfect amount of balance. It's all about finding the balance."
During the chat, the former star of "The Girls Next Door" did note that her post-partum depression didn't reach "the point where I would harm my family". She stressed, "I was a great mom and did what I needed to, but I was definitely very depressed. [Motherhood is] a big change in life and it happened overnight."
On what led to her depression, she opened up, "At the time I was doing whatever I could for the baby, but I lost myself and it was really frustrating." To make matter worse was her life in the spotlight. She explained, "Being in the spotlight is a lot of pressure about losing the weight, [especially] coming from the Playboy world."
Sharing advice to fellow mothers, Kendra said, "Your baby is no. 1 100% of the time, but I do still take me time - you need to do that every now and then." She added, "I'm back to being that Kendra that everyone knew at the Playboy Mansion, but a lot more mature and grown up. I'm more aware of life."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?