Nicki Minaj Draws Inspiration for Bizarre VMAs Outfit From Tokyo
Tokyo apparently has something to do with Nicki Minaj's head-turning outfit at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. The "Fly" raptress generated buzz when hitting the black carpet on Sunday (August 28) night, wearing a metal dress with a pink tutu that she combined with colorful socks and leg warmers.
When asked about her eclectic fashion choice, the 28-year-old told reporters backstage,"Tokyo inspires this outfit." The singer, who completed her bizzare look with a soft-serve ice cream necklace, a Japanese face mask and a pink, yellow and orange wig, went on to elaborate her answer, "You know, Harajuku is something I have been absorbing for a very long time."
Coming to the VMAs, Nicki was up for a number of awards. The Young Money member, however, lost to Katy Perry for Best Collaboration and to Lady GaGa for Best Female Video. Still, she managed to beat the likes of Chris Brown, Lupe Fiasco, Lil Wayne and Kanye West on the category of Best Hip-Hop Video, thanks to "Super Bass".
Nicki was also on hand in presenting Best Pop Video award along with Jonah Hill. Taking the stage for the presentation, she shared several awkward moments with the actor as they discussed his recent weight loss and prompted him to unleash his anger when she failed to see the funny side of his joke.
Presenting Award With Jonah Hill:
More Nicki Minaj News
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'