Artist of the Week: Red Hot Chili Peppers
One of the most successful rock acts, Red Hot Chili Peppers are coming back full pledge this year. Five years after ruling Billboard Hot 200 with their 2006's "Stadium Arcadium", this band are ready to get back to the game with a brand new effort called "I'm with You".
They are going to release the album in the United States on August 29, and already have climbed Billboard charts with its lead single "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie". They reigned Rock and Alternative Song, and reached No. 2 on Mainstream Rock Song list.
Frontman Anthony Kiedis loved the single at first listen. He said, "When I first heard [the song], I didn't know it would be a single. [But] I knew that I loved the jam. [...] I took it home and it felt so fun to listen to at length that I literally left it on in my driveway, opened the door and danced with the tree next to me for quite a while."
"I had no idea that it would even be a song, I just thought, 'Oh, this is a great dance track. Let's put it on as a B-side, [an] hour long.' And then, as fate would have it, people heard it, and they were like, 'Oh, that's your best thing right there. That's your best thing'."
As for the album itself, they promised something refreshing. "There is no question - this is a beginning," said drummer Chad Smith. "This is a new band. Same name, but it's a new band." Flea added, "It's just like a very ... meaningful and rejuvenating rebirth for us."
A global listening party for the album has been held on August 22 from 6 spots around the world. Fans in London, Toronto, New York, Tokyo, Sydney and Los Angeles got the privilege to listen to the entire album before it officially hits the market. The album is now made available for pre-order on iTunes.
More Red Hot Chili Peppers News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift