Petra Ecclestone Outdoes Kim Kardashian's Wedding With $5 Million Nuptials
Kim Kardashian might have thrown one over-the-top wedding when marrying NBA star husband Kris Humphries recently, but it's nothing if compared to British heiress Petra Ecclestone's nuptials. The daughter of Formula One CEO Bernie Ecclestone reportedly spent $5 million for her Saturday (August 27) nuptials.
Petra said her "I do" to businessman James Stunt at Castello Orsini-Odescalchi, the castle located just outside of Rome where Tom Cruise exchanged vows with Katie Holmes in 2006, PEOPLE reported. The 22-year-old arrived in a white Rolls Royce accompanied by her father, and wore a custom $130,000 gown by Vera Wang.
Among the 350 guests invited to the festivities were Paris Hilton and her sister Nicky Hilton as well as British royals, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie. At the reception, they were treated to fireworks and an acrobatics show, and were served with vintage Louis Roederer Cristal champagne and Chateau Petrus wine.
The reception was also made merry by performances from Andrea Bocelli, Eric Clapton and Black Eyed Peas. According to E! Online, BEP member Fergie (Stacy Ferguson) pulled Petra and the Hilton sisters to the stage to dance after her group performed. Also providing the entertainment was DJ David Guetta.
Gushing about the wedding, a source told E!, "No one had ever seen anything like it. Everything was done to perfection with no expense spared. It was the wedding of the century fit for a princess!" A day after the lavish wedding, Petra and her husband James were spotted hosting a brunch at the Hotel de Russie in Rome.
More Kim Kardashian News
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic