MTV VMAs 2011: Justin Bieber Wins Best Male Video
The 28th annual MTV Video Music Awards is still underway inside Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. Justin Bieber won his first Moonman trophy that evening by snatching Best Male Video for his "U Smile" clip. He beat his seniors like Eminem, Cee-Lo Green, Kanye West and Bruno Mars. The award was presented by newlywed Kim Kardashian.
Katy Perry who has won Best Special Effect earlier in the evening added another prize to her collection. Invited to the stage by presenters Selena Gomez and Chord Overstreet, the wife of British comedian Russell Brand took home Best Collaboration for her beautifully-shot "E.T." video.
Taking the stage to collect the kudo, Katy was accompanied by her featured guest Kanye West. "Now, this is the time where you want to interrupt me Kanye," she jokingly said to her duet partner who is infamously known for his "Imma let you finish" interjection at the 2009 VMAs.
The "Heartless" rapper, however, only delivered a few thank-yous. Meanwhile, Katy did the most talking, including throwing a remark that this year marks her first win at the MTV annual awards show. "There's nothing like your first time," she stated.
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album