MTV VMAs 2011: Lady GaGa, Britney and Katy Perry Among Early Winners
One by one, winners for the 28th annual MTV Video Music Awards have been announced during its Sunday night live telecast. Lady GaGa, Britney Spears, Katy Perry are some of the lucky artists who got Moonman trophies early at the star-studded ceremony.
GaGa, who opened the show appearing as his male alter ego Jo Calderone, won Best Video With a Message for her self-loved clip of "Born This Way". The Mother Monster beat Eminem, Katy Perry, Pink, Rise Against and Taylor Swift.
Britney, who is going to be saluted later that night for her contribution and achievement in music, brought home Best Pop Video for her "Till the World End" clip. The Southern Belle who attends the show with her beau Jason Trawick won over Adele, Bruno Mars, Pitbull and Katy.
Although losing Best Video with a Message to GaGa and Pop Video to Britney, Katy still managed to steal a coveted prize, Best Special Effects, for her Kanye West-featuring "E.T." clip. She bested Chromeo, Linkin Park, Manchester Orchestra and Kanye.
Adele, meanwhile, is the early winner who won more than one kudo. The British singer, who will perform live at the event, was handed three awards; Best Art Direction, Best Editing and Best Cinematography, all thanks to her "Rolling in the Deep" video.
The other early winners are Beyonce Knowles, Foo Fighters and Nicki Minaj. The wife of Jay-Z won Best Choreography for "Run the World (Girl)" clip, the Dave Grohl-fronted band took home Best Rock Video for their "Walk" clip, and the Young Money female rapper received Best Hip Hop Video for "Super Bass" clip.
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments