MTV VMAs 2011: Lady GaGa, Britney and Katy Perry Among Early Winners
One by one, winners for the 28th annual MTV Video Music Awards have been announced during its Sunday night live telecast. Lady GaGa, Britney Spears, Katy Perry are some of the lucky artists who got Moonman trophies early at the star-studded ceremony.
GaGa, who opened the show appearing as his male alter ego Jo Calderone, won Best Video With a Message for her self-loved clip of "Born This Way". The Mother Monster beat Eminem, Katy Perry, Pink, Rise Against and Taylor Swift.
Britney, who is going to be saluted later that night for her contribution and achievement in music, brought home Best Pop Video for her "Till the World End" clip. The Southern Belle who attends the show with her beau Jason Trawick won over Adele, Bruno Mars, Pitbull and Katy.
Although losing Best Video with a Message to GaGa and Pop Video to Britney, Katy still managed to steal a coveted prize, Best Special Effects, for her Kanye West-featuring "E.T." clip. She bested Chromeo, Linkin Park, Manchester Orchestra and Kanye.
Adele, meanwhile, is the early winner who won more than one kudo. The British singer, who will perform live at the event, was handed three awards; Best Art Direction, Best Editing and Best Cinematography, all thanks to her "Rolling in the Deep" video.
The other early winners are Beyonce Knowles, Foo Fighters and Nicki Minaj. The wife of Jay-Z won Best Choreography for "Run the World (Girl)" clip, the Dave Grohl-fronted band took home Best Rock Video for their "Walk" clip, and the Young Money female rapper received Best Hip Hop Video for "Super Bass" clip.
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?