Video Premiere: Nicki Minaj's 'Fly' Ft. Rihanna
Nicki Minaj's "Fly" music video has made its way out for fans' viewing pleasure. Featuring Rihanna who lends her vocals on the hook, the long-delayed clip was released in full on MTV.com soon after being previewed on the black carpet of 2011 Video Music Awards at LA's Nokia Theater.
The Young Money femcee opens the video in style by riding a luxurious vehicle. Rocking a pink pixie-cut wig and a long flowing lavender dress, she makes a stop in a plane wreck. She then changes into a leopard-colored wig and bronze-colored outfit with bubble skirt. She is joined by Roc Nation singer RiRi who wears a long-sleeved mini outfit.
The music video was filmed in January. "We're going to save the world in more ways than one with the video and that's all I can say about that," the femcee said back then. "I love Ri-Ri! I mean, when she's not grabbing my ass she's a sweet girl."
Premiere date for the video was put on hold to give a room for the release of "Super Bass" and its accompanying clip first. She actually had no plan to drop the single, but changed her mind after it got endorsement from Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant