Tom Jones Canceled Monaco Show After 'Dehydration'
Veteran singer Tom Jones has to cancel a concert in Monaco due to "severe dehydration". The "Sex Bomb" singer, who is recovering at a local hospital, denied that a heart attack played a role in the cancellation of the Saturday, August 27 concert.
"There are NO heart problems, as has been reported in the press," the singer's website stated. Instead, he blamed the illness on the "summer heat" at the many locations where his long successful tour "Praise & Blame" were conducted in.
"Sir Tom was ordered by doctors not to perform in Monte Carlo yesterday evening due to severe dehydration," the statement continued. "This was extremely disappointing for Tom, the band and all connected with the tour."
Sources said that Jones was admitted to intensive care on Saturday but he was moved to a regular room the next day because the 71-year-old "was well".
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board