Tom Jones Canceled Monaco Show After 'Dehydration'
Veteran singer Tom Jones has to cancel a concert in Monaco due to "severe dehydration". The "Sex Bomb" singer, who is recovering at a local hospital, denied that a heart attack played a role in the cancellation of the Saturday, August 27 concert.
"There are NO heart problems, as has been reported in the press," the singer's website stated. Instead, he blamed the illness on the "summer heat" at the many locations where his long successful tour "Praise & Blame" were conducted in.
"Sir Tom was ordered by doctors not to perform in Monte Carlo yesterday evening due to severe dehydration," the statement continued. "This was extremely disappointing for Tom, the band and all connected with the tour."
Sources said that Jones was admitted to intensive care on Saturday but he was moved to a regular room the next day because the 71-year-old "was well".
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger