Tom Jones Canceled Monaco Show After 'Dehydration'
Veteran singer Tom Jones has to cancel a concert in Monaco due to "severe dehydration". The "Sex Bomb" singer, who is recovering at a local hospital, denied that a heart attack played a role in the cancellation of the Saturday, August 27 concert.
"There are NO heart problems, as has been reported in the press," the singer's website stated. Instead, he blamed the illness on the "summer heat" at the many locations where his long successful tour "Praise & Blame" were conducted in.
"Sir Tom was ordered by doctors not to perform in Monte Carlo yesterday evening due to severe dehydration," the statement continued. "This was extremely disappointing for Tom, the band and all connected with the tour."
Sources said that Jones was admitted to intensive care on Saturday but he was moved to a regular room the next day because the 71-year-old "was well".
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris