Tom Jones Canceled Monaco Show After 'Dehydration'
Veteran singer Tom Jones has to cancel a concert in Monaco due to "severe dehydration". The "Sex Bomb" singer, who is recovering at a local hospital, denied that a heart attack played a role in the cancellation of the Saturday, August 27 concert.
"There are NO heart problems, as has been reported in the press," the singer's website stated. Instead, he blamed the illness on the "summer heat" at the many locations where his long successful tour "Praise & Blame" were conducted in.
"Sir Tom was ordered by doctors not to perform in Monte Carlo yesterday evening due to severe dehydration," the statement continued. "This was extremely disappointing for Tom, the band and all connected with the tour."
Sources said that Jones was admitted to intensive care on Saturday but he was moved to a regular room the next day because the 71-year-old "was well".
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer