Adam Levine Slams MTV VMA, Network Responds
There is one person who would be in the black list of this year's MTV Video Music Awards. Adam Levine of Maroon 5 has slammed the award show on Twitter, writing "The VMA's. one day a year when MTV pretends to still care about music. I'm drawing a line in the sand. f*ck you VMA's."
Levine's band are not nominated this year but won a Moonman in 2004 for Best New Artist. Levine and his bandmates still attended the 2007 ceremony in Las Vegas. The "The Voice" mentor, however, did not regret his bold statement, tweeting an hour later, "Still waiting to have my "Jerry Macguire mission statement moment of deep regretů' Not happening. Phew!"
Then he explained, "i may be a pop singer. but every once in a while the angsty teenager in me just blurts out some raw honesty. it's a reflex." MTV responded to his tweet, "Soooo you'll be tuning in at 9/8C tomorrow right? BTW, bonus points if you TwitPic your 2004 Moonman!"
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her
- Saucy! Rita Ora Goes Braless as She Flashes Her Nipple Pasties in Sheer Top
- Little Mix Channels Inner Cowgirls in Music Video for 'No More Sad Songs' Ft. Machine Gun Kelly
- A Party Fit for Mother Monster! Get Details of Lady GaGa's Star-Studded Birthday Bash
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'