Sofia Coppola Wed Rocker Boyfriend in 'Simple' Ceremony
Sofia Coppola became a bride for the second time as she tied the knot to Phoenix rocker Thomas Mars Saturday, August 27 in her grandparents' hometown of Bernalda, Italy. The writer-director was previously married to director Spike Jonze from 1999 to 2003.
The civil ceremony was held in the evening at the bride's family's villa called Palazzo Margherita. Sofia's father Francis Ford Coppola walked her down the aisle, witnessed by around 80 people including George Local. The bride wore a lavender gown customly designed for her by Azzedine Alaia.
Bernalda's mayor, Leonardo Chiruzzi officiated the marriage. "Everything went well," he told The Associated Press. "It was simple, calm, in the garden." It was followed by a reception which serves locally-sourced meals made of pork, fish, pasta, cheeses, figs and salads. The family's farm provided the wine.
Sofia and Thomas are already parents to two daughters, Romy and Cosima. They announced their engagement last May.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen