Sofia Coppola Wed Rocker Boyfriend in 'Simple' Ceremony
Sofia Coppola became a bride for the second time as she tied the knot to Phoenix rocker Thomas Mars Saturday, August 27 in her grandparents' hometown of Bernalda, Italy. The writer-director was previously married to director Spike Jonze from 1999 to 2003.
The civil ceremony was held in the evening at the bride's family's villa called Palazzo Margherita. Sofia's father Francis Ford Coppola walked her down the aisle, witnessed by around 80 people including George Local. The bride wore a lavender gown customly designed for her by Azzedine Alaia.
Bernalda's mayor, Leonardo Chiruzzi officiated the marriage. "Everything went well," he told The Associated Press. "It was simple, calm, in the garden." It was followed by a reception which serves locally-sourced meals made of pork, fish, pasta, cheeses, figs and salads. The family's farm provided the wine.
Sofia and Thomas are already parents to two daughters, Romy and Cosima. They announced their engagement last May.
- The Weeknd Shares Snippet of His Cashmere Cat Collaboration 'Wild Love'
- Britney Spears Biopic Coming on Lifetime. Find Out Who Plays the Pop Star
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!