Sofia Coppola Wed Rocker Boyfriend in 'Simple' Ceremony
Sofia Coppola became a bride for the second time as she tied the knot to Phoenix rocker Thomas Mars Saturday, August 27 in her grandparents' hometown of Bernalda, Italy. The writer-director was previously married to director Spike Jonze from 1999 to 2003.
The civil ceremony was held in the evening at the bride's family's villa called Palazzo Margherita. Sofia's father Francis Ford Coppola walked her down the aisle, witnessed by around 80 people including George Local. The bride wore a lavender gown customly designed for her by Azzedine Alaia.
Bernalda's mayor, Leonardo Chiruzzi officiated the marriage. "Everything went well," he told The Associated Press. "It was simple, calm, in the garden." It was followed by a reception which serves locally-sourced meals made of pork, fish, pasta, cheeses, figs and salads. The family's farm provided the wine.
Sofia and Thomas are already parents to two daughters, Romy and Cosima. They announced their engagement last May.
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo
- 'The Purge' Heading to TV as 'Interwoven Anthology'
- Cashmere Cat Releases New Single 'Trust Nobody' Ft. Selena Gomez
- Rob Kardashian Regrets Tweeting Kylie Jenner's Number: 'It Was Miscommunication'
- Kristen Stewart Spooked by Ghost in 'Personal Shopper' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Temporary Custody Deal That Includes Family Counseling
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage