Sofia Coppola Wed Rocker Boyfriend in 'Simple' Ceremony
Sofia Coppola became a bride for the second time as she tied the knot to Phoenix rocker Thomas Mars Saturday, August 27 in her grandparents' hometown of Bernalda, Italy. The writer-director was previously married to director Spike Jonze from 1999 to 2003.
The civil ceremony was held in the evening at the bride's family's villa called Palazzo Margherita. Sofia's father Francis Ford Coppola walked her down the aisle, witnessed by around 80 people including George Local. The bride wore a lavender gown customly designed for her by Azzedine Alaia.
Bernalda's mayor, Leonardo Chiruzzi officiated the marriage. "Everything went well," he told The Associated Press. "It was simple, calm, in the garden." It was followed by a reception which serves locally-sourced meals made of pork, fish, pasta, cheeses, figs and salads. The family's farm provided the wine.
Sofia and Thomas are already parents to two daughters, Romy and Cosima. They announced their engagement last May.
- Hilary Duff Posts Steamy Throwback Pic With Beau Matthew Koma
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week