Sofia Coppola Wed Rocker Boyfriend in 'Simple' Ceremony
Sofia Coppola became a bride for the second time as she tied the knot to Phoenix rocker Thomas Mars Saturday, August 27 in her grandparents' hometown of Bernalda, Italy. The writer-director was previously married to director Spike Jonze from 1999 to 2003.
The civil ceremony was held in the evening at the bride's family's villa called Palazzo Margherita. Sofia's father Francis Ford Coppola walked her down the aisle, witnessed by around 80 people including George Local. The bride wore a lavender gown customly designed for her by Azzedine Alaia.
Bernalda's mayor, Leonardo Chiruzzi officiated the marriage. "Everything went well," he told The Associated Press. "It was simple, calm, in the garden." It was followed by a reception which serves locally-sourced meals made of pork, fish, pasta, cheeses, figs and salads. The family's farm provided the wine.
Sofia and Thomas are already parents to two daughters, Romy and Cosima. They announced their engagement last May.
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It