'American Idol' Concert in New York Postponed Due to Hurricane Irene
Unfavorable weather forecast has caused several concert postponements including the live show featuring "American Idol" stars. The 11 contestants were originally set to perform in Albany on August 28, but were forced to move the gig back due to safety reasons.
The upcoming concert which is part of the "Idol" 2011 summer tour has been postponed until September 4, and is expected to take place at the same venue, Times Union Center. Tickets purchased for the original show will be honored on the new date. The likes of Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina will perform.
Dave Matthews Band's concerts have also been affected by the ominous weather predictions. The band's gigs which were supposed to take place in New York City on Saturday, August 27 and Sunday, August 28 have been put on hold until further notice. The show on Friday, however, will go ahead according to plan.
"We will announce the new Caravan Governors Island dates as soon as they have been confirmed," Dave Matthews and his bandmates wrote on their official website. Ticket holders who do not want to wait for the makeup date are welcomed to attend the Friday event.
Another cancellation happened to Afro-Punk festival. "[The] staff have been meeting with officials and sponsors to try and avoid cancellation but have had to cancel this weekend's festival due to safety concerns," it was announced. "The event organizers are regrouping to plan the next steps and will keep the public updated."
Earlier this week, Kenny Chesney decided to reschedule his concert at Foxboro's Gillette Stadium due to the same reasons. The gig was moved from August 28 to 26 at the same venue. "I want the last weekend of the 'Goin' Coastal' Tour to be a great experience for everybody. But I also want it to be the safest experience for everyone," he said back then.
Tragic stage collapses occured at least twice this month due to bad weather. Heavy storm swept the area in Indiana State Fair and Belgium Pukkelpop Festival, crumbling several other tents and causing widespread damage. More than three people were killed, and many were injured.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video