'Fireflies in the Garden' Gets U.S. Release Date After Being Long Delayed
"Fireflies in the Garden" has finally got its official release date. Together with the producers, director/screenwriter Dennis Lee announced on Thursday, August 25 that the family drama will be released in theaters in several U.S. markets, including Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and San Francisco, on October 14.
"I am so pleased our film will finally get a theatrical release in the U.S.," so Lee, who won a Student Academy Award for his short film "Jesus Henry Christ" in 2003, said. "Anyone familiar with our story knows the road to this moment has been paved with challenges. It's not lost on me how much care and determination it took to bring Fireflies to light. I am so grateful for all the support I've received."
Shot in 2007, "Fireflies in the Garden" has been released in several European markets back in 2008. Unfortunately, it got entangled in the financial struggles of production company Senator Entertainment that began after 2009 Sundance Film Festival. The producers that include Marco Weber, Vanessa Coifman, Sukee Chew and Philip Rose have recently regained the rights to the film.
This semi-autobiographical movie deals with a closely observed exploration of the complexities of love and commitment in a family torn apart when faced with an unexpected tragedy. Julia Roberts, Carrie-Anne Moss, Ryan Reynolds, Emily Watson, Willem Dafoe and Hayden Panettiere are among the cast ensemble.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby