Minka Kelly and Derek Jeter Call It Quits
Minka Kelly and Derek Jeter are couple no more. The former "Friday Night Lights" beauty and the New York Yankees star have ended their three-year romance, her representative confirmed to PEOPLE. A source added that the split was amicable, adding that the two "care about each other" and remain friends.
News of the split came a little more than a month after 37-year-old Derek got his 3,000th career hit at Yankee Stadium during a match against the Tampa Bay Rays. 31-year-old Minka, who will be seen in the TV reboot of "Charlie's Angels", was at the time seen cheering for her then-boyfriend. The break-up was first reported by Just Jared.
Minka has been dating Derek since 2008. While the couple were very private about their romance, the Sara Matthews of "The Roommate" revealed in a new HBO documentary "Derek Jeter 3K", that she was clueless about baseball when she first met the Yankees' team captain.
"I didn't know the difference between a run and a homerun. I thought if you made a connection with the ball, that was an automatic hit," Minka said, prompting Derek to joke, "She's lying. She had a poster of me on her wall when she was in high school." He later confirmed her claim though, recalling "I'd come home and she'd be happy and say, 'You got four hits!' "
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers
- Drake Announces Short Movie 'Please Forgive Me' - Get a Sneak Peek Here!
- Katy Perry Feels Sympathy for 'Catfish' Victim Who Thought He Was Dating Her