'Glee' Star Chord Overstreet Confirms Working on Album
Beside continuing to explore his talent in acting, Chord Overstreet is also trying his hands at music. The actor who plays Sam Evans in the second season of "Glee" said he's currently working on an album. "I've been encouraged and excited by the interest from record labels and publishers," he told TVLine.
Revealing when the decision to make his own music came to him, Chord recalled it happened after he was offered to return to the FOX TV series. "They offered me the chance to come back for a few episodes, but there was nothing guaranteed so I decided to dive into the music thing," the 22-year-old hunk reasoned.
The son of country music musician Paul Overstreet admitted that he was initially bummed after learning he was not picked up as a regular. He, however, said, "I had the best time working on the show and I had one of the best life experiences. It was a blast. But I decided to look at it as an opportunity to dive into my music."
"I've been writing music my entire life and I had an opportunity to work on a record. It's something I have a huge passion for. I did a lot of thinking and I felt like it was a good time to work on my album and focus on that avenue of my career," he went on before adding that he hopes to "get something out there for the fans to hear pretty soon."
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'