Johnny Depp Can't Keep His Eyes Off of Amber Heard in First 'Rum Diary' Trailer
After being delayed for quite a while, "The Rum Diary" will finally head to limited theaters in the United States on October 28. In anticipation of this, FilmDistrict has released the first trailer for the movie, which is directed and written by Bruce Robinson, via ET Online.
Based on Hunter S. Thompson's novel, this drama film features Johnny Depp as Paul Kemp, an itinerant journalist who travels to the pristine island of Puerto Rico to escape the noise and madness of New York and the crushing conventions of late Eisenhower-era America. There, he works for a local San Juan newspaper run by the downtrodden editor Lotterman.
Accompanied by new friend Bob Sala, Kemp meets new people and finds some wacky stories. His adventure gets more intriguing after he meets a Connecticut-born woman, Chenault, who attracts him. She, however, is engaged to an American entrepreneur named Sanderson who is involved in shady property development deals. It is within this world that Kemp ultimately discovers his true voice as a writer and integrity as a man.
Starring opposite Depp as Chenault is Amber Heard, whose on-screen fiance is portrayed by Aaron Eckhart. Richard Jenkins plays the local newspaper's editor, while Giovanni Ribisi, Amaury Nolasco and Michael Rispoli take other supporting roles.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle