Johnny Depp Can't Keep His Eyes Off of Amber Heard in First 'Rum Diary' Trailer
After being delayed for quite a while, "The Rum Diary" will finally head to limited theaters in the United States on October 28. In anticipation of this, FilmDistrict has released the first trailer for the movie, which is directed and written by Bruce Robinson, via ET Online.
Based on Hunter S. Thompson's novel, this drama film features Johnny Depp as Paul Kemp, an itinerant journalist who travels to the pristine island of Puerto Rico to escape the noise and madness of New York and the crushing conventions of late Eisenhower-era America. There, he works for a local San Juan newspaper run by the downtrodden editor Lotterman.
Accompanied by new friend Bob Sala, Kemp meets new people and finds some wacky stories. His adventure gets more intriguing after he meets a Connecticut-born woman, Chenault, who attracts him. She, however, is engaged to an American entrepreneur named Sanderson who is involved in shady property development deals. It is within this world that Kemp ultimately discovers his true voice as a writer and integrity as a man.
Starring opposite Depp as Chenault is Amber Heard, whose on-screen fiance is portrayed by Aaron Eckhart. Richard Jenkins plays the local newspaper's editor, while Giovanni Ribisi, Amaury Nolasco and Michael Rispoli take other supporting roles.
- Ex-Pussycat Doll Ashley Roberts 'Flirting' With Brooklyn Beckham at BRITs After-Party
- Scarlett Johansson to Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the Fifth Time
- Listen to Jason Derulo's New Tropical Song 'Swalla' Ft. Nicki Minaj and Ty Dolla $ign
- Beyonce and Caitlyn Jenner React to Donald Trump's Anti-Transgender Policy
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Casts JD Pardo as Leading Man
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Casting Scoops: Simone Biles and Mr. T to Compete in Season 24
- Matt Reeves Is Officially Announced to Direct 'The Batman', Ben Affleck Reacts
- Robert De Niro Has a Blowout Fight With Wife Grace Hightower