Pitbull Responds to Lindsay Lohan's Lawsuit by Inviting Her to MTV VMAs
Pitbull has broken his silence about the lawsuit filed by Lindsay Lohan against him. Accused by the troubled actress of causing her pain and mental anguish with his song "Give Me Everything", he said that he finds the legal filing "very surprising and at the same time ironic."
"At first I read it and I was like, 'Nah, this has got to be a joke,' [but] come to find out it's very realistic," the rapper recalled before adding, "Me being someone who supports Lindsay Lohan's career, where I've seen her go through everything she's gone through, and everything that has to do with this record is so positive."
The "Hotel Room Service" MC explained furthermore, "You see the way I start off the record, where I say, 'I took my life from negative to positive/ I just want y'all to know that' - when I mention Lindsay Lohan in the record, it was really a positive message."
He went on, "[The lyric] is 'Hustlers move in silence, so I'm tip-toeing/ So keep blowing, got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan. When I say I got it locked up, .. if you're from the neighborhood, when they say, 'You got it locked up' that means you run that area."
Contrary to the allegation, Pitbull said he never meant to "defame, degrade or hurt someone's career." He elaborated, "For me, mentioning it on a #1 record around the world, I thought it would be helping someone's career, and keeping them relevant. We mention people's names all the time; when it comes to rapping, it's always about double meanings and metaphors and how you flip certain things."
Talking about what the next step is to solve the issue, he said he leaves it to his attorneys but doesn't rule out settlement option outside the court. As far as that's concerned, he actually invites the "Machete" actress to 2011 MTV Video Music Awards where he's going to perform "Give Me Everything".
"We'll be performing [the song] at the VMAs, and, as a matter of fact, I'd like to send out an invitation to Lindsay Lohan," the Cuban rapper said to the camera. "Hopefully she can come with me to the VMAs, and we can figure this out."
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean