'Treme' Actor's Body Found Floating on Mississippi River
Police are still investigating the mysterious death of Michael Showers aka Captain John Guirdy on HBO's "Treme". The 45-year-old actor's body was found in the Mississippi River in Louisiana, a Port of New Orleans, on Wednesday, August 24 morning.
A steamboat captain saw a body floating in the water near St. Louis Street at around 11:25 A.M, said communications director for the port Chris Bonura. The body was retrieved 30 minutes later, handed to the authorities and was then identified as Showers.
Showers lived in nearby Chalmette area. According to chief investigator for the Orleans Parish coroner's office, John Gagliano, the body had been in the water for two days. Autopsy would be conducted to determine the cause of death.
Meanwhile, "Treme" runner David Simon has expressed his condolences on behalf of the show. "We enjoyed his work - and working with him. Going forward, we're going to miss having him as part of our production," he said.
"All of which seems of little import in light of the loss of a man's whole life, and what that loss truly means to him, his family, his friends. Our respect and condolences go to them, especially."
Showers also had roles in "The Vampire Diaries", "Breaking Bad", "I Love You Philip Morris" and the upcoming film "The Tree of Life".
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role