'Treme' Actor's Body Found Floating on Mississippi River
Police are still investigating the mysterious death of Michael Showers aka Captain John Guirdy on HBO's "Treme". The 45-year-old actor's body was found in the Mississippi River in Louisiana, a Port of New Orleans, on Wednesday, August 24 morning.
A steamboat captain saw a body floating in the water near St. Louis Street at around 11:25 A.M, said communications director for the port Chris Bonura. The body was retrieved 30 minutes later, handed to the authorities and was then identified as Showers.
Showers lived in nearby Chalmette area. According to chief investigator for the Orleans Parish coroner's office, John Gagliano, the body had been in the water for two days. Autopsy would be conducted to determine the cause of death.
Meanwhile, "Treme" runner David Simon has expressed his condolences on behalf of the show. "We enjoyed his work - and working with him. Going forward, we're going to miss having him as part of our production," he said.
"All of which seems of little import in light of the loss of a man's whole life, and what that loss truly means to him, his family, his friends. Our respect and condolences go to them, especially."
Showers also had roles in "The Vampire Diaries", "Breaking Bad", "I Love You Philip Morris" and the upcoming film "The Tree of Life".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie