'Treme' Actor's Body Found Floating on Mississippi River
Police are still investigating the mysterious death of Michael Showers aka Captain John Guirdy on HBO's "Treme". The 45-year-old actor's body was found in the Mississippi River in Louisiana, a Port of New Orleans, on Wednesday, August 24 morning.
A steamboat captain saw a body floating in the water near St. Louis Street at around 11:25 A.M, said communications director for the port Chris Bonura. The body was retrieved 30 minutes later, handed to the authorities and was then identified as Showers.
Showers lived in nearby Chalmette area. According to chief investigator for the Orleans Parish coroner's office, John Gagliano, the body had been in the water for two days. Autopsy would be conducted to determine the cause of death.
Meanwhile, "Treme" runner David Simon has expressed his condolences on behalf of the show. "We enjoyed his work - and working with him. Going forward, we're going to miss having him as part of our production," he said.
"All of which seems of little import in light of the loss of a man's whole life, and what that loss truly means to him, his family, his friends. Our respect and condolences go to them, especially."
Showers also had roles in "The Vampire Diaries", "Breaking Bad", "I Love You Philip Morris" and the upcoming film "The Tree of Life".
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera