Production for 'Wolverine 2' Reportedly Postponed Until Spring 2012
Production for "The Wolverine" has reportedly been postponed. Breaking the report was Deadline which said that director James Mangold and his team will likely begin filming in Spring 2012, instead of this Fall as it was originally slated.
Scenes for the film were actually expected to be shot in Japan, but studio insiders revealed that "it's hard finding just where to shoot in Japan these days because of weather-related considerations." Words are, the filming location might be switched to Canada, though there is also a possibility that the production will take place in both countries.
Another reason why 20th Century Fox decided to push back the start date is allegedly related to Hugh Jackman's schedule. Sources said that the studio will have to wait until Jackman wraps the filming of his musical drama "Les Miserables".
"Wolverine 2" will take its cue from the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, which is set in Japan and features Wolverine dealing with ninjas as he struggles whether he should follow his animal killer instincts or the samurai's code of honor and respect.
Mangold takes over the directorial duty after Darren Aronofsky bowed out the project last March. Christopher McQuarrie provides the script of this "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" sequel, which also stars Kelly Hu and Naturi Naughton. The action movie is expected to open in U.S. theaters sometime in 2013.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group