Production for 'Wolverine 2' Reportedly Postponed Until Spring 2012
Production for "The Wolverine" has reportedly been postponed. Breaking the report was Deadline which said that director James Mangold and his team will likely begin filming in Spring 2012, instead of this Fall as it was originally slated.
Scenes for the film were actually expected to be shot in Japan, but studio insiders revealed that "it's hard finding just where to shoot in Japan these days because of weather-related considerations." Words are, the filming location might be switched to Canada, though there is also a possibility that the production will take place in both countries.
Another reason why 20th Century Fox decided to push back the start date is allegedly related to Hugh Jackman's schedule. Sources said that the studio will have to wait until Jackman wraps the filming of his musical drama "Les Miserables".
"Wolverine 2" will take its cue from the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, which is set in Japan and features Wolverine dealing with ninjas as he struggles whether he should follow his animal killer instincts or the samurai's code of honor and respect.
Mangold takes over the directorial duty after Darren Aronofsky bowed out the project last March. Christopher McQuarrie provides the script of this "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" sequel, which also stars Kelly Hu and Naturi Naughton. The action movie is expected to open in U.S. theaters sometime in 2013.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie