Ashton Kutcher's 'Two and a Half Men' Character to Attempt Suicide
Ashton Kutcher let slip an interesting detail of his "Two and a Half Men" character when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman" on Wednesday, August 24. "I'm very heartbroken over this breakup that's taken place....I may, in some way, shape, or form, be tryin' to kill myself," the 33-year-old revealed about his character, a billionaire Internet entrepreneur named Walden Schmidt who goes through a nasty divorce.
"I'm no genius, but what better way to kick off a new season of a sitcom than with a suicide," David Letterman commented on the plot offered by the sitcom. "You already killed Charlie. You got a murder-suicide."
Before Kutcher shared the tidbit, he was pressed with question about how Charlie Sheen's character, Charlie Harper, dies. The "No Strings Attached" hunk dodged the question by saying he did not know because he wasn't in the scene, but Letterman refused to believe it. "Here's my fear, next week you'll go on Leno and spill your guts," the host responded.
Confident that the show will be well received with him on the lead role, Kutcher claimed, "I think it's going to go through the roof, I really do. I've been laughing really hard." He went on gushing that "the roof popped off of Warner Bros." during his first taping.
The ninth season of "Two and a Half Men" will premiere September 19 at 9 P.M. on CBS. On the same day, Comedy Central will air a roast of Charlie Sheen, which is hosted by actor/comedian Seth MacFarlane.
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance