Ashton Kutcher's 'Two and a Half Men' Character to Attempt Suicide
Ashton Kutcher let slip an interesting detail of his "Two and a Half Men" character when stopping by "Late Show with David Letterman" on Wednesday, August 24. "I'm very heartbroken over this breakup that's taken place....I may, in some way, shape, or form, be tryin' to kill myself," the 33-year-old revealed about his character, a billionaire Internet entrepreneur named Walden Schmidt who goes through a nasty divorce.
"I'm no genius, but what better way to kick off a new season of a sitcom than with a suicide," David Letterman commented on the plot offered by the sitcom. "You already killed Charlie. You got a murder-suicide."
Before Kutcher shared the tidbit, he was pressed with question about how Charlie Sheen's character, Charlie Harper, dies. The "No Strings Attached" hunk dodged the question by saying he did not know because he wasn't in the scene, but Letterman refused to believe it. "Here's my fear, next week you'll go on Leno and spill your guts," the host responded.
Confident that the show will be well received with him on the lead role, Kutcher claimed, "I think it's going to go through the roof, I really do. I've been laughing really hard." He went on gushing that "the roof popped off of Warner Bros." during his first taping.
The ninth season of "Two and a Half Men" will premiere September 19 at 9 P.M. on CBS. On the same day, Comedy Central will air a roast of Charlie Sheen, which is hosted by actor/comedian Seth MacFarlane.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story