Promoter for Michael Jackson Tribute Concert Responds to Criticism
Responding to a lot of criticism about Michael Jackson special tribute concert, promoter for the event was quick to issue defensive statement. In a recent interview with BBC, Chris Hunt said that what people said about the gig was understandable but wrong.
"The notion that an event which reminds people just how fantastic Michael Jackson was, what a loss he was to the world he is, what a great singer, a great performer he was, should be inappropriate - it doesn't compute," he said. "It doesn't make sense."
"They were saying that it was a pity that there had not been a big scale, proper tribute to Michael," the promoter continued. "We began to think, 'Why don't we try and do one.' LaToya was the lead one but there were other family members around as well."
Commenting on the other Jackson members who were not happy with the gig, Hunt stated, "I don't wish to be ungenerous to anyone. I have the greatest respect for Jermaine, who I've met a number of times. He did a couple of times announce that he was going to organize a concert like this and then wasn't unable to do so. So I suppose it's a little understandable."
As for fans' protests, he said, "We have the greatest respect for the fans. We've been listening to the fans. I think what's happened is that there's been a campaign, which some of them have listened to and haven't heard our responses to it yet. This concert will sell out either very quickly or quickly. We have no worries about it at all."
Dubbed "Michael Forever Tribute Concert", the concert will take place at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on October 8. It will feature Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Craig David, JLS, Beyonce Knowles, Alien Ant Farm and T3.
KISS were supposed to perform as well but they were removed from line-up due to fans' complaint. The devotees called the participation of the band was an insult to the King of Pop due to Gene Simmons' statement back in 2010 which degraded the late singer.
More Michael Jackson News
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident