Promoter for Michael Jackson Tribute Concert Responds to Criticism
Responding to a lot of criticism about Michael Jackson special tribute concert, promoter for the event was quick to issue defensive statement. In a recent interview with BBC, Chris Hunt said that what people said about the gig was understandable but wrong.
"The notion that an event which reminds people just how fantastic Michael Jackson was, what a loss he was to the world he is, what a great singer, a great performer he was, should be inappropriate - it doesn't compute," he said. "It doesn't make sense."
"They were saying that it was a pity that there had not been a big scale, proper tribute to Michael," the promoter continued. "We began to think, 'Why don't we try and do one.' LaToya was the lead one but there were other family members around as well."
Commenting on the other Jackson members who were not happy with the gig, Hunt stated, "I don't wish to be ungenerous to anyone. I have the greatest respect for Jermaine, who I've met a number of times. He did a couple of times announce that he was going to organize a concert like this and then wasn't unable to do so. So I suppose it's a little understandable."
As for fans' protests, he said, "We have the greatest respect for the fans. We've been listening to the fans. I think what's happened is that there's been a campaign, which some of them have listened to and haven't heard our responses to it yet. This concert will sell out either very quickly or quickly. We have no worries about it at all."
Dubbed "Michael Forever Tribute Concert", the concert will take place at Millennium Stadium in Cardiff, Wales, on October 8. It will feature Christina Aguilera, Cee-Lo Green, Leona Lewis, Smokey Robinson, Craig David, JLS, Beyonce Knowles, Alien Ant Farm and T3.
KISS were supposed to perform as well but they were removed from line-up due to fans' complaint. The devotees called the participation of the band was an insult to the King of Pop due to Gene Simmons' statement back in 2010 which degraded the late singer.
More Michael Jackson News
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does