Redmond O'Neal Sent Back to Rehab Instead of Jail
Redmond O'Neal is given another chance to avoid time behind bars. On Wednesday, August 24, the troubled son of Ryan O'Neal and the late Farrah Fawcett was sentenced to a year in a live-in rehabilitation program after pleading no contest to one count of possessing heroin and one count of possession of a firearm by a felon.
The 26-year-old was also given five more years of probation. The two court orders stemmed from his latest arrest. In a joint statement, his lawyers Richard Pintal and Michael Brewer said, "Today Judge Scwhartz ordered Redmond to undergo the best chance that he has had for a lasting recovery. The defense team is pleased and grateful that justice was served today."
Redmond was arrested on August 2 after heroin was found in his car when he was pulled over for running a red light. Following his arrest, police went to search his home and discovered a 9 mm semi-automatic handgun, which he is not allowed to own because he was still on probation for a 2009 drug conviction.
Weeks earlier, Redmond's father Ryan blamed Farrah's death for his son's troubles. Outside the Los Angeles Superior Court, he told reporters, "He never recovered from the loss of his mother. That's the part that hurts the most. He doesn't know how to resolve it for himself so he gets in trouble."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri